Production Support (DevOps), FX and Commodities - Associate
The CCEM (Commodities, Currencies & EmergingMarkets) Production Management team is a DevOps modelled front officeapplication support team responsible for the stability and resiliency of theglobal CCEM applications. We are a truly global team of 30+ members with thepresence in AMER, EMEA and Asia and we use Follow-the-Sun model for theproduction support.
In Singapore, we interact directly with theFront Office traders, Middle office users as well as with our ApplicationDevelopment and Global Infrastructure partners. The CCEM business is highlyelectronic and relies heavily on the high availability (stability) and agilityof our application software. Our team's top focus is automation and toolingusing DevOps principals that will continuously eliminate repeat work and enhancesour productivity on YOY basis.
This job requires a decent mix of business andtechnology expertise. Our team is fairly technical as everyone is empowered toaccess and fix the application software (code and configuration) and makerecommendations to the developers. We deal with front office tradingapplications, risk management systems, pricing engines, client STP flow, middleoffice booking flow and end-of-day feeds to various downstream. Roles and Responsibilities
- Trade floor support and Problem solving - Primary role is problem solving, application and trade floor support for FX, Rates and Commodities business. It requires you to be a quick learner with good troubleshooting skills.
- Basic development and debugging skills (DevOps) - Debug production issues by digging into the application code (mostly Python), Writing support related helpers and ad-hoc scripts, System automation and optimizations. This is a very DevOps aligned production management role.
- Collaboration - Role implies extensive collaboration with the developers, business users and global production management teams. It requires you to be an effective communicator and a team player.
- Automation Design/Implementer - Design, implement, fix and recommend strategies to automate for a very reliable production system/flow. Being technically hands-on will help in this aspect.
- Incident management - Production incident management, root cause analysis (RCA) and related follow ups to ensure closure of the issue.
- Capacity and Resiliency - Plan, manage, monitor and optimize the production related infrastructure (Linux, IBM MQ, Database systems, Network etc.), related capacity and resiliency management
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Minimum 2 years of experience doing L1 and/or L2 production support in finance domain.
- 3 to 8 years of overall industry experience related to finance domain. Knowledge of FX and/or Rates trading and specialization in Front and/or Middle office workflows would be a great plus.
- Very hands-on working with Linux, scripting (Shell, Python and/or Perl) and database systems. Ability to automate and build tools for improved productivity would be a great plus.
- Quick thinker, problem solver (even under pressure) and a fast learner under constantly changing environment.
- Very good communication skills, be able to communicate effectively to both traders and technology partners
- Ability to understand incredibly demanding nature of the trade floor, or eagerness to experience it
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.