Program Manager - Financial Market Technology
- Contract, Full time
- Allegis Global Solutions
- 18 Oct 18
Allegis Global Solutions is the exclusive Contingent HR services provider for one of the world’s leading banks. At Allegis Global Solutions we’re proud to be the leader in global talent solutions. We draw upon decades of industry expertise to develop innovative tools, products, processes and strategies focused on outcome. Moreover, we’re incredibly proud to have built a culture that empowers our people to make their mark while making deep connections that will last a lifetime.
With our passion and culture for talent, we are truly transforming the way the World acquires talent. Our Client is one of the world's most international banks with over 1,100 branches, offices and outlets in 67 countries. They operate in some of the world's most dynamic markets and have been for over 150 years. More than 90 per cent of their income and profits are derived from Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Their brand promise, Here for good, underlines their distinctive approach.
FM Trade Processing & Post Trade Technology is a dynamic and diverse team in multiple locations that focuses on enhancing the operational capabilities of the Financial Markets post trade functions.
Responsibilities / Deliverables:
- Lead the formulation and execution of change initiatives within FM TPT on their journey to an innovative and cost-optimised Target Architecture across Asset Classes, Lines of Business and Front-to-back-to-Risk
- Work closely with senior stakeholders such as the FM Technology Leadership team and the FM Operations Leadership team in formulating mid to long term strategies and align investment initiatives with business aspirations, client centricity, funding appetite and technology advancement
- Develop change initiative business cases and promote innovative change across stakeholders and functions; follow through in setting up change programs and realisation of business and technology benefits
- Transform ongoing initiatives towards increased delivery efficiency and business benefit realisation by establishing clear governance, communication and reporting channels and bring out the best of an collaborative team to anticipate critical risks ahead of time and lead initiatives to successful completion
- Run a team of project managers embedded in each transformation initiative. Through this team, proactively identify and solve key execution issues, working with partners such as the business Accountable Executive, Product Owners, IT Delivery Head and specialists. Identify and solve portfolio-level issues that cut across multiple initiatives
- Support the implementation of Agile delivery methodologies in the transformation, working with business leaders and technology teams
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal skill set would combine Financial Markets Front Office and Post Trade knowledge with strong ‘consulting toolkit' (preferably from a top consulting firm) and 15 years of working experience in Consulting or a Strategy/Business Leadership role. Typical candidates would be Junior or Associate Partners
- Capital Markets consulting experience with a top tier firm and/or with strategy functions of leading banks with a focus on Front-to-back Trading Architecture, Post Trade Management, Operations with a minimum of 15 years of experience
- Strong senior level network within the Financial Markets industry and to relevant Technology Platform Vendors such as Murex
- Strategic mindset, with strong understanding of business priorities, operational realities, and technology capabilities. Able to “translate across” business, technology and control functions, and work with segment stakeholders
- Strong leadership and C-level stakeholder management skills in terms of influencing decisions by multiple business, technology and operations teams, and among third party vendors and partners. Able to execute against tightly-defined timelines with diverse teams drawn from different functions, located in different countries, and with matrixed reporting lines
- Ability to engage stakeholders well in both a one-to-one relationships and team environment with a multi-cultural awareness. Proven success of working effectively with people of different backgrounds.
- Strong track record of successfully leading a portfolio of large scale Capital Markets Transformation programs ranging from Operating Model design up to implementation and run and excellent knowledge of Programme Management disciplines (planning, reporting, risk management, QA, document management, financials, benefits, resource management, stage controls, stakeholder management and governance); ability to follow through on execution
- Excellent professional skills, including verbal, presentation and written communication skills; ability to simultaneously “see the big picture” and manage the details on a day-to-day basis.
- Creative problem-solver with good multi-tasking skills, able to prioritise issues and resolve them efficiently with flexibility and responsiveness in handling changing priorities