Programming Analyst/Developer (1-Year Contract), Front Office Projects, Global Treasury Business Process Transformation
is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world's most highly-rated banks, with an Aa1 rating from Moody's. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World's Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker. Division Description
Global Treasury (GT) aims to be the centre of excellence for Asian financial products. Our market dominance is demonstrated by the numerous accolades we have received for product innovation and customer recognition.
This is a contract role for a Programming Analyst and Developer under OCBC Global Treasury's FX Derivatives desk. This role will expose the users to attain a deep understanding of Treasury's processes and trading floor users especially in developing and delivering desk tools to facilitate price discovery, trading execution as well as ways to improve the process efficiency of the desk. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications The ideal Candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Involved in the development and maintenance of applications for the trading floor.
- Research and provide inputs on best available technology/framework and build technical specifications based on the traders' requirements
- Participate in Development and Prototyping of solutions using industry practices
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with OCBC Business Management Unit by coordinating prototype demonstrations, regular updates on defects and improvements. Support the projects in RAD landscape to manage timelines and reporting.
- Work with OCBC IT and other external and internal support partners to resolve any technical issues.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the service offered to the business unit.
- Degree in Computer Science/Math/Engineering or related discipline
- As the technologies can vary, candidate is not expected to be a master of all of them. However having an aptitude and appetite for learning is a must.
- Highly motivated, fast learner and able to work under a high pressure environment.
- Application development experience in C# is preferred.
- Experience with QuickFix Library and exposure to database/SQL are a plus
- More than 2 years of relevant experience in bank/equivalent environment is preferred.
- Experience in creating artifacts within the SDLC development life cycle and Scrum methodology
- Basic understanding of financial products like FX and FX options
- Passionate about technology and willing to learn execution details and pricing of financial products
- A strong analytical and logical approach to problem solving and system development.
- Good knowledge of .NET framework and VBA. C# development experience desirable
- Self driven with excellent planning and organizational skills, and be able to plan and manage multiple tasks
- Previous experience working on integration projects
- Basic understanding of database and network knowledge
- Proficient in the Microsoft office suite of products
- Basic understanding of valuation/pricing of financial instruments such as options is advantageous
- Experience debugging multi-thread systems is advantageous
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
*We regret that only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.