- Very Competitive
- Permanent, Full time
- Hacker Trail
- 20 May 19
Bank of Singapore is looking an experienced Project Manager with strong project execution skills and experience within Private Banking/Wealth Management domain.
This role is with client of HackerTrail - Bank of Singapore
The role requires end-to-end oversight and hands-on project management skills through execution – testing and implementation as well as rollout/stabilization and entails regular contacts with both Technology and Business stakeholders. The project manager is to provide timely updates to all governance bodies and senior stakeholders on the progress of the projects, impacts to projects, major milestones and risks to projects on a regular as well as need-to basis.
The project manager is also expected to be liaise with external vendors, monitor and coordinate efforts between multiple vendors in the seamless delivery of the project.
- Provide leadership and facilitate the work of cross-functional project teams by clarifying project objectives and defining tactics necessary to accomplish these objectives
- Proactive approach to identify issues and risks in early stage and work with the project team to find options or mitigation to address
- Good people skills and able to influence others even without authority.
- Drive cross-functional team members to develop detailed project schedules and milestones, project plans, budget, scope, timeline and risks and risk mitigation plans to meet project requirements while maintaining positive team moral
- Develop project budgets and integrate project costs into the programme-level budgets and financial forecasts
- Own and maintain a project schedule and issues and risk list. Continually manage project expectations with team members, stakeholders and programme manager within the Technology and Business groups by monitoring progress against the plan, escalating problems and issues that impact cost, scope or schedule and notifying affected departments.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from various project streams, and oversee the preparation and organization of Project Steering Committees.
- Manage assigned internal project team members (from business and IT) as well as external implementation partners such as software vendors or technology consultancies. In particular, manage the strategic relationship with the product vendors as well as Service Integrators that help the bank manage application support, development and testing activities.
- Degree in an IT related discipline.
- Extensive project management expertise (minimum of 8 years in similar areas) in a complex and heterogeneous IT landscape, covering the full SDLC.
- Familiarity with clarity or similar project management tool.
- Excellent team and organizational leadership skills working with senior management and individual contributors; extensive experience developing, managing and mentoring collaborative cross-functional teams; ability to provide leadership and direction to project team and the organization to ensure successful project execution; consummate team player with a positive, flexible and creative approach.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; analyse situations, define key objectives, and develop strategies and action plans to ensure successful results for the project, team, customer, and the business.
- Good understanding of project management methodologies; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and coordinate a various streams within a project and manage a cross-functional project team to deliver on time and within budget; ability to identify and drive issues to a quick resolution while balancing the needs of the business, the customer and the team; demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent streams through prioritization.