The Operations Manager is typically the owner of a department made up of several teams, mainly responsible for oversight and management of those groups and has an expert or deep understanding of the business, process and/or product. Their main responsibilities include providing input into the creation of the Bank’s strategic goals and being an ultimate driver of the direction and performance to target. They are also responsible for driving transformation and continuous improvement, leading programmes or projects.
Details of the Division and Team:
The Group Strategic Analytics (GSA) concentrates the Bank's quantitative and modelling expertise within a single unit. With group-wide responsibility for model development GSA takes a cross-business and cross-functional approach to solving quantitative challenges and rolls out common development standards.
You will be joining the Trader and Client Controls team within GSA, a team developing and deploying advanced solutions as a Control against trading fraud. The Controls run in a truly global scale, across all products, businesses, and regions that the IB and CB operate in, with the models reviewing millions of trades and transactions every day.
You can expect:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop a platform and sophisticated analytics to implement the aims of the Programme – to proactively monitor, identify, and prevent trading fraud. The project has very high visibility, both internally and externally
- Full-stack development skills providing the ability to take a data product from inception through to production
- Working across the full spectrum of the development lifecycle – from rapidly knocking out an end-to-end prototype to resolving production issues with the model
- Problem solving at a globally complex scale – ability to navigate a complex organization in order to identify keys systems and influence people required to deliver the product
Your skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience and understanding across the full-stack development environment, such as engineering data pipelines across distributed, complex datasets in order to get the data in a form in which to apply the model. Exposure to ‘Big data’.
- Building User Interface (UI) dashboards for both internal model analysis and external result communications
- Must have excellent programming skills, predominantly across the Python/Anaconda suite, strong understanding of SQL; ideally machine learning and statistical modeling techniques in identifying patterns and signals
- Must have excellent software engineering fundamentals including fluency across Windows and Linux development/deployment environments; experience in distributed engines, preference is Apache Spark / pyspark and understanding associated ecosystem (e.g. MLlib)
- Exceptionally strong mathematical/statistical/computer science fundamentals
- Financial Services background for the industry understanding and stakeholder engagement with proven experience in communication with key stakeholders around gathering business requirements through to delivering of requested model
How we’ll support you:
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career