The Data Governance Specialist is responsible for governing the execution of the data strategy and coordinating with the business divisions and/or infrastructure functions in executing their responsibilities in improving the quality of the data and any data quality remediation actions.
Details of the Division and Team:
Be an effective team member in the Regional Data Office (RDO) of Deutsche Bank Asia-Pacific for all Data Management and related functions.
Support the Regional Data Officer in his/her responsibilities involving deployment of the Data Management framework across the DB Group in Asia-Pacific region, with focus on the Data Governance and Data Quality Management processes set by the Data Policy – DB Group. Support the regional adoption/implementation of global policies, procedures, standards and tools to facilitate compliance, gain operational efficiencies and enhance value of data.
The role reports to the Regional Data Officer – Asia-Pacific, Deutsche Bank - located at Singapore.
Your key responsibilities:
- The main responsibility of the position is to be an effective team member of the Regional Data Office and to support the Regional Data Officer in all the following responsibility areas:
- Executing regional mandate (across divisions) on Data Management topics
- Lead the regional communications & implementation of the group Data Strategy, Data Management framework, data initiatives and delivery of related regulatory requirements.
- Support the interactions between the RDO/region and global/regional stakeholders
- Create awareness and increase adoption of the Data Management framework in the region.
- Drive the rollout of global Data Management including Data Quality Management initiatives.
- Initiate and manage regional projects as needed to deliver systemic improvements to regional data quality.
- Prepare periodical status updates of RDO initiatives and obligations towards the management of Chief Data Office (CDO) and other authorities
- Provide consultancy on Data Management topics to support interactions of regional management with local regulators.
- Support compliance with key Data Governance policies by the regional and local entities.
- Support adoption of centrally provided procedures and toolsets by the regional management/ entities
- Support the individuals having regional Data Governance roles (e.g. Divisional Data Officers, Data Owners, Data Stewards) in executing their responsibilities
- Support the regional stakeholders to facilitate their alignment with the Data Councils and Divisional Data Officers
- Apply the Data Management Maturity Model (DMMM) at regional level – as appropriate and agreed.
- Support the local strategic initiatives by engaging them with the applicable subject matter experts in CDO.
- Support the RDO contributions towards the central CDO team in the development, review and adaptation of framework artefacts (e.g. Policies, Procedures, KODs, Training materials, etc.)
- Your skills and experience:
- Minimum 4-5 years of Hands on and relevant experience in the above referenced areas of formal Data Management, Data Governance and Data Quality Management disciplines in banks/financial institutions.
- Ability to drive a Data Culture throughout the organization through influence and no direct authority
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of the latest technology trends and applicability in Data Management and related areas - e.g. big data, insight analytics, text mining, graph technology, artificial intelligence, machine learning, document management, data tracing, etc.
- Data Governance experience – working with data policies, procedures and controls, setting-up and managing working groups, defining and enforcing data ownership as well as data maintenance / quality controls / data issues and related remediation plans.
- Familiarity and experience in Data Architecture areas will be a plus.
- Experience in regulatory reporting or engagement in Data Management disciplines will be valued
- Well-developed skills in business and requirements analysis skills, including good communication abilities (both speaking and listening) and stakeholders management (all levels)
- Experience in multidisciplinary projects (cross-divisional and cross-geographies)
- Strong project management skills
- Qualified with a degree
- Very good command in English language (written and verbal)
How we’ll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career