The Operations Manager is typically the owner of a department made up of several teams, mainly responsible for oversight and management of those groups and has an expert or deep understanding of the business, process and/or product. Their main responsibilities include providing input into the creation of the Bank’s strategic goals and being an ultimate driver of the direction and performance to target. They are also responsible for driving transformation and continuous improvement, leading programmes or projects. They also manage and foster relationships with various stakeholders and/or vendors.
Your key responsibilities:
- Security Operations Head APAC is responsible for managing Security Operations across APAC Operations by managing teams which provide Security Operations Services to Global and APAC Clients.
- Security Operations APAC is present in several Branches including Singapore, India, Indonesia, Hong Kong, China, Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan and Sri Lanka driving execution of Operations services and targets whilst supporting business growth. The Security Operations Head APAC is integral to the success of established a growth minded Operations team supporting business initiatives whilst operating a control operations environment.
- Candidate is expected to have a has a deep understanding of the evolving industry trends for core operations products and processes as well as regional and global operations business models.
- Proven track record of managing high performance Operations teams & transforming processes through automation, deployment of RPA, AI etc
- Drive a culture of high performance for their employees by providing direction to the team to ensure delivery is aligned to the global strategy.
- The candidate is expected to be a role model on leadership and steer franchise & initiatives around building a great workplace , corporate social responsibility and making it an inclusive workplace.
- Own the end to end processes for Security Operations APAC by ensuring controls are enhanced, risks are mitigated to achieve zero error delivery and process is automated as much as possible
- Develop the growth strategy for the Security Operations APAC Operations whilst ensuring prospecting co-ordination with Security Operations globally and Security Business on growth opportunities
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Support delivery as per Security Business and Security/ Corporate Global Operations strategy on key aspects of Service Delivery , Cost , Risk & control , Transformation & efficiency /Process Improvement , People , Regulatory compliance , Vendor Governance requirements ( Offshoring )
- Successful execution on Business strategy on client, revenue , cost and Service
- Lead and drive initiatives that make Deutsche an employer of choice
- Lead & deliver on the global Transformation initiatives ( eg Operational engineers , Tech 4 ops ,Deployment of emerging technologies like RPA /AI/Bots )
- Lead the buildout of Digital Asset Custody product for SeS Clients
- Manage teams performing various processes within Operations.
- Continuously deliver to the Resiliency & BCM strategy
- Ensure that effective and demonstrable challenge to the risk owners occurs where required supporting clear, demonstrable, and risk-based challenge and measure evidence of effective challenge and resolution
- Culture of adherence to the risk & control framework in line with Regulatory requirements / Internal policies /Audit standards
- Strong engagement & governance model with Regions /Branches serviced ( including delivering to offshoring /vendor governance requirements/Transitions framework )
- Liaise with stakeholders and Vendor Management team for various aspects relating to Service delivery of the team
- Delivering on People strategy of Talent Acquisition , Talent development , Talent Retention and Growth .
- Strong engagement model for enhanced retention and Deutsche Bank being seen as a preferred employer of choice .
- Takes ownership for own career development for self as well as teams by actively driving identification & execution of personal development plans.
- Acts as a role model for employees
- Develop and deliver succession plans, talent management approaches and hiring plans across the regions
- High performance culture which is integrated with Banks Values and Beliefs
- Create and foster a high performing team environment by sharing success stories and lessons learnt across teams encouraging performance tracking
- Driving culture of Strong Performance Management
Your skills and experience:
Experience / Exposure
- Candidate should have a minimum of 15-20 years of business experience in Banking operations and working knowledge of various banking products specific Securities Services Products & Operations Products, with a proven track record for managing multiple teams, processes, functions and driving change.
- Proven track record of managing service delivery for multiple geographies / function / large teams
- Proven track record of driving transformation initiatives.
- Energetic and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for and willing to continuously invest in learning/training to stay abreast of constantly changing industry trends / client requirements and newer products /processes
- Strong communication skills essential for interacting at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills essential. Capable of assertively interacting with Operations Product Heads, regions / branches ( internal stakeholders ) in order to resolve any control risks and improve operational control framework.
- Strong problem solving skills/ability to hold clear and concise conversations with internal and external business partners.
- Drive development and roll out of new processes and re-engineer current processes to meet changing needs of the business and deploy emerging
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail and excellent ability to execute on deliverables.
- Experience in working with business and technology partners to develop functional specifications /roadmap to address complex business needs/ process improvements
- Leader who works effectively in a team setting and is creative about providing innovative solutions (new processes, technologies and approaches).
- Successful Track record of working in a matrix / global environment .
- Good understanding of Regulatory & Compliance , internal Risk & Control framework governing Operational Risk Management
- Solid technical and commercial understanding of the Operations Products as well as Operations processes
- Effective Stakeholder management Skills, Service Delivery Experience, Delegation. Decision making and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead Change and effectively create Business Proposals / Senior management reviews /presentations and communications to clients internally and externally.
- Transitions framework & delivery to Vendor governance requirements in an Offshore environment
“Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirement applies.”