The Quantitative Strategist (Quant Strat) designs, develops and implements though direct coding (C++; Python etc.) quantitative strategic models, risk management and pricing solutions to meet business needs and drive strategy. They use their domain knowledge and strong technical coding expertise to contribute to the overall delivery of strategic initiatives within a business, function or a bank-wide program. They may lead a specific work package and independently develop and implement this as part of a wider program.
Details of the Division and Team:
Group Strategic Analytics team delivers analytics and applications that solve quantitative problems for businesses across Deutsche Bank Investment Bank.
The design, specification and implementation are the responsibilities of strats in close partnership with Trading, Sales, Middle Office and Technology groups.
Core team is focused on delivering a highly scalable asset-agnostic risk valuation system framework for business aligned desk strats to resolve trading and regulatory problems. Solutions to these are all implemented in this in-house strategic platform.
The team is also responsible for the tooling that underpins multiple aspects of the Strat's projects including delivering Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) tools including Test Automation and Monitoring as well as Reference Data management and Grid compute orchestration.
It also works with Deutsche Bank Technology groups to provision hardware estate and Control functions to address Regulation and Policy adherence
What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.
You can expect:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your key responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and supporting the intraday and end-of-day pricing, risk and P&L reporting processes by creating new tools and features, improving existing ones and resolving issues.
- Responsible for developing solutions to scale the system, increase throughput, and lower latencies.
- Responsible for implementing and improving the control and monitoring environment enhancing robustness and minimizing outages.
- Working in partnership with Desk Strats, Trading, Structuring, Methodology, Technology and Operations to support the build-out of the strategic analytics platforms.
- Responsible for improving integration of the Strat's application stack with the information security and application governance functions of the Bank.
Your skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years' development experience with C++.
- Proven track record of developing or supporting large scale applications running on Linux/Unix platforms.
- Proven experience in infrastructure and database technologies such as SQL or Redis.
- Experience working with Python.
- Min bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Math or Physics.
- Experience working with any distributed computing technologies like GRPC, Kafka, message queues.
- Good communication skills allowing for direct communication with trading desks and support functions globally, both written and verbally.
- Highly motivated with a keen willingness to learn, take on new challenges and deliver complete solution to production usage.
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirements may apply.
How we’ll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career