The Senior Business Advisor is responsible for providing regulatory advice to relevant business and/or infrastructure areas and typically has regional coverage. The Senior Business Advisor supports the specific business/infrastructure area in accordance with respective processes and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks within those areas. They focus on all non-financial risk categories of the stakeholders and have a deep knowledge of their coverage areas. Where this role has people management responsibilities the Senior Business Advisor applies the correct risk monitoring tools (financial and non-financial) to establish stronger governance across the team.
JD with hiring manager
Additional Job Description
Details of the Division and Team:
This role is within the Investment Bank advisory team and covers a wide array of Compliance responsibilities including advice, advocacy, product/service review and approval, marketing and financial promotions review, training, surveillance and monitoring of controls as part of our comprehensive programme for ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations as well as the global, regional and local standards, policies and procedures of Deutsche Bank, with the ultimate aim of protecting the interests of our clients and the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank.
Your key responsibilities:
- Advise and support the coverage of Investment Bank (Markets) business in Singapore on applicable laws and regulations, including the provision of impact analyses, and the development of responses to, and implementation of, new regulations.
- Advise on the application of rules and policies to specific transactions/deals and general business activities based on an understanding of business strategies and product portfolios.
- Assess new business initiatives, new product and new transaction approvals and processes for consistency with regulatory requirements and reviewing marketing material against minimum standards.
- Ensure global and local Compliance policies and procedures are reviewed and updated on a timely basis, incorporating regulatory changes and industry best practice.
- Provide support to the Business on cross border transaction and businesses. This will require good interpersonal skills to deal with Compliance officers through Asia and the Business located in Singapore, including developing a strong working knowledge of jurisdictions through Asia.
- Assist in the execution of ad-hoc and key Compliance project work, and the timely resolution of regulatory or internal investigations and enquiries, communicating the results to our regulators in conjunction with Regulatory Management and Country Compliance, as necessary.
- Conduct regular compliance risk assessments, considering an array of contextual data including regulation, policies, procedures, controls, training and governance structures, escalating and assisting in the remediation of any identified gaps.
- Develop and deliver face-to-face Compliance training (over and above any global computer-based training) to the businesses as requested/required in line with regulatory requirements and annual training objectives. Training ranges from general Compliance inductions to targeted sessions on topics such as cross-border activities, conflicts of interest, and suitability and appropriateness.
- Work with the relevant Business Management to assist in the implementation of agreed remedial actions.
- Maintain a strong compliance culture within the business through regular interaction with the Business, compliance monitoring and conducting face to face compliance training.
- Be actively involved in regional and global initiatives and projects as required.
- Prepare management and governance reports as needed.
- Attend and/or coordinate global and regional calls as required.
- Support the global Compliance Monitoring Programme by providing input on the framework documents and completing verification checks as outlined the in the annual monitoring plan
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirements may apply.
Your skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within an investment bank advising and supporting the coverage of Investment Bank (Markets)
- Working knowledge of financial/banking rules and regulations in Singapore
- Working knowledge of Markets product, advising on fixed income products and derivatives
- The ability to build and maintain trusting relationships with other members of the team, as well as other control functions and the business (including senior management).
- University degree or other closely related professional qualifications
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to think analytically, problem solve and undertake research.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment.