The Quantitative Strategist (Quant Strat) designs, develops and implements through direct coding (C++; Python etc.) quantitative strategic models, risk management and pricing solutions to meet business needs and drive strategy. They use their domain knowledge and strong technical coding expertise to contribute to the overall delivery of strategic initiatives within a business, function or a bank-wide program. They may lead a specific work package and independently develop and implement this as part of a wider program.
Details of the Division and Team:
COO Group Strategic Analytics team delivers analytics and applications that solve quantitative problems for businesses across Deutsche Bank Investment Bank. The design, specification and implementation are the responsibilities of strats in close partnership with Trading, Sales, Middle Office and Technology groups.
Core team is focused on delivering a highly scalable asset-agnostic risk valuation system framework for business aligned desk strats to resolve trading and regulatory problems. Solutions to these are all implemented in this in-house strategic platform.
What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.
You can expect:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your key responsibilities:
- Contribute to the core risk platform in the APAC region and the globally aligned requirement, both in creating new functions and to resolve issues or enhance existing features
- Gain an understand of our financial systems to provide solutions using technology and designs to solve trading problems.
- Ensure best practices are used in the C++/python code base and create improvements and fixes where/when needed.
- Adapt global solutions to account for any specific business/regional requirements
- Support all trading desks and Desk Strats throughout the APAC region, covering the full range of products traded in the region in Fixed Income, FX and Credit business.
Your skills and experience:
- Min 3 years of strong programming experience in C++, particularly in C++11.
- Proven experience of working and understanding of large-scale system programming demands both on Linux and Windows platform.
- Working experience in Python.
- Min bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Math or Physics
- Strong communication skills allowing for direct communication with desk strats, trading desks and support functions globally, both written and verbally.
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirements may apply.
How we’ll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career