Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Apply scientific principles to business processes and decisions to improve the quality and performance of various business units. Translate the decision-making needs and timeframes of internal business unit stakeholders into data driven, analytically tractable and scientifically provable problems. Apply scientific methods and big data tools to resolve them, sourcing and integrating relevant data, and collaborating with technical and subject matter expert peers as required; and communicate results, findings and recommendations back to business owners within actionable timeframes. Take ownership for technical delivery of projects. Plan and prioritise tasks for self and if required team members across projects and tech debt activities in alignment with direction from Analytics Partners and/or Senior Data Scientists
- Develop and refine analytical use cases with internal business customers in alignment with Analytics leads and partners.
- Play an active role on projects of diverse scope, range, priority and urgency within the insurance domain
- Translate between business and analytical problems
- Interrogate and interpret data and models to formulate, evaluate and iterate hypotheses quickly
- Integrate, format and present relevant analyses and data visualizations to communicate results, findings and recommendations to business users
- Support Data & Analytics colleagues and business stakeholders as a Machine Learning expert.
- Direct the work of onshore and offshore analytics and data science projects
- Plan own activities for each sprint, accurately estimating effort for stories/tasks
- Optionally, undertake a scrum master role within projects
- Ensure compliance with QBE policies and procedures, and relevant legislation
- Share knowledge and contribute reusable practices and techniques within and beyond the team
- Adopt standard business assets, practices and systems to complete tasks
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship within the team
- Maintain partnerships and working relationships with offshore teams and/or group-wide Data & Analytics team members
- Track benefits delivered to internal customers
- Maintain relationships with business by actively participating in the agile process
- Source, integrate, explore and examine data from multiple sources; discover, analyse and summarize relationships, trends and insights; derive, validate and interpret models and the results of data experiments; and connect these analytic results to cost saving, revenue improvement, and risk reduction business decisions and actions
- Assist in identifying and addressing key business questions, issues and opportunities. Diagnose root causes, by applying analytical and statistical techniques to quantitative data in combination with qualitative knowledge, assumptions and judgments
- Collect new data and refine existing data sources as required
- Contribute to Data & Analytics architectures and reporting, analysis and modelling standards and methodologies.
- Contribute to the development of new descriptive, exploratory, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analyses
- Structure and document the data preparation, management, modelling, visualization and presentation tasks supporting each analysis output
- Work effectively with data scientists, analytics partners, data analysts, and other technical specialists
- Contribute to an inclusive environment that supports knowledge sharing and sharing diverse ideas
- Take ownership of career development
- Take an interest in industry standards and practices to stay on top of the latest trends, tools and policy
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.