Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Job Purpose
This is a role in Consumer Banking Group ("CBG") Regional Credit team, reporting to Head CBG - Consumer Credit Regional Strategy, Risk Transformation, Credit Initiation, Credit System & Infrastructure and COO. The candidate will be responsible to drive key strategic business priorities (horizontally with CBG Business and other support units) and provide effective challenge to locations for all lending products to achieve robust consumer credit risk management capabilities, scalable operating effectiveness and quality business growth. Responsibilities
- Strong Consumer Credit, Risk Management, to implement heightened standards in managing consumer lending products (secured and unsecured) & best-in-class credit processes.
- Horizontal Organisation and Data Driven Operating Model ("DDOM") mindset based on analytics-based insights on Consumer Credit Risk Management to drive and improve customer & employee journeys and portfolio performance.
- Regional "gold standard" on Quality and Control practices and processes for all key consumer lending products.
- Inorganic Business Growth Initiatives:
- Lead inorganic business growth initiatives as regional CBG Credit representative to review the business opportunities and consumer credit risk appetite in accordance with overall business vision, local operating environment and regulatory needs.
- Holistically assess and provide guidance on the people (resource), process and system capabilities and requirements for end-to-end consumer credit cycle namely acquisition, portfolio management, collection, fraud management, models/scorecards, analytics & portfolio monitoring and governance.
- Collaborate with other Risk Management Group ("RMG") units, Technology and CBG Credit teams in locations to ensure timely completion and efficient delivery of the key activities in line with the initiative schedule.
- Strategic Consumer Credit Risk Management Oversight:
- Drive horizontal organisation by working with other regional function heads (Senior Credit Officer providing country/product oversight, Governance, Policy, Acquisition & Credit Initiation, Portfolio Management), tribes, squads and chapters (including key partners in CBG Business, Operations and Technology) to build effective collaboration and implementation of business and functional objectives related to Business and Credit transformation journeys.
- Provide consumer credit risk oversight for specific location(s), leveraging regional experience and expertise.
- Lead regular credit portfolio quality reviews with local/regional Credit, Fraud, Group Portfolio Analytics and Business stakeholders, to reinforce strategic priorities, pollinate good practices and share learnings across locations.
- Collaborate with other RMG units, CBG Business, Technology & Operations and Customer Experience to drive cohesive innovation/digital capabilities and deliver new credit value propositions across locations/markets for existing lending portfolio.
- Regional Quality and Control Oversight:
- Develop a robust Quality & Control framework at regional level and ensure consistent implementation and management across the region.
- Provide oversight to locations to drive heightened standards on Quality and Control, in line with best practices in the industry.
- Engage in quality assurance reviews with local/regional Credit, Fraud, and Business stakeholders to identify opportunities for refinements.
- At least 12 years of Consumer Credit, Collection and/or Fraud Risk Management experience across the region.
- Consumer Credit Risk Policy as Unsecured or Secured Lending Risk Head.
- Consumer Credit Risk Analytics.
- Strong knowledge in consumer lending digitalisation and automation infrastructure and capabilities.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills. Must be adaptable to different cultures and market practices.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage conflict/complex situations (including making tough decisions).
- Good understanding of key risk drivers and with experience of risk identification, assessment, and mitigation of material risk, especially credit risk.
- Data Analytics - Drawing & formulating insights from data. Data driven mindset.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.