- Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments, and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
- As a key leader in Personal Banking and Wealth Management (PBWM) Chief Data Office, this role will drive data stewardship by the way of execution of critical aspects of our data life cycle management, data capabilities buildouts and data transformation supporting data strategy and data governance policy. As part of the Federated Chief Data Office (FCDO) organization, the Data Steward for PBWM, the incumbent will partner with data owners and data consumers to agree on the scope of data requirements and critical data quality challenges and ensure that the data operating model is implemented to reduce data risk.
- The role will also play an important part in ensuring compliance with Data policy and Data Operating model adoption include data discovery, definition, and quality assurance to identifying data quality issues and respective remediation by partnering with various business and technology functions. The role will also help build a deep, comprehensive, and documented understanding of PBWM's key data, data processes, and data flows. Partnering with business data owners & data risk and control teams will be required to ensure maintenance of key artifacts and overall data quality improvements and ensuring that data is fit-for-purpose.
- The incumbent in this role will primarily focus on prioritization and management of data concerns portfolio for Asia and EMEA PBWM. Responsibilities will include performing intake, root-cause-analysis (by working closely with the tech, risk, finance and operations teams), identify potential strategic and tactical solutions, and oversee implementation, and management & reporting of data concerns remediation performance metrics (KPI/KRI)
- The role will also cover execution of various Data Stewardship activities i.e. execution of data management projects & programs, development of agile capabilities, supporting data requirements, metadata, lineage, authoritative data sources and data certification workstreams for Asia & EMEA, working with senior stakeholders in country, region and global, and partner with data owners, technology owners and risk and control teams.
- This is a high visibility data stewardship role requiring extensive interaction with Business Heads, Data owners, Data consumers and cross functional partners (including O&T, Chief Data Officer, Compliance, Finance, Risk, Decision Management, Data and Analytics, Independent Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Internal Audit, etc) in Global, Regional and Country teams to drive focus, quality execution and timely delivery on implementation and effective oversight of the Asia/EMEA GCB goals, standards, practices, processes, and technologies as they relate to data governance policy & regulatory obligations.
- The role will identify and lead efforts to manage and resolve data concerns portfolio, implement or modify necessary procedures and system enhancements to fill current and future Data gaps and meet the data requirements as defined by the data consumers (i.e. Risk, Finance). The role is also responsible for driving the execution of Citi's Data Governance Policy (CDGP) compliance and data operating model adoption along with data strategy, implementation, and oversight policy execution standards, practices, processes, and technologies as they relate to data governance. This is also a strategic role that will drive compliance to address the US regulatory consent orders around data management as well as the enhanced Citi Data Management Policy.
- The successful candidate must have the business experience to understand how data is collected, utilized, and distributed within the company (for employees, consumers, regulators, and other global decision-making units). The role encompasses interfacing with all business units to ensure our data management practices are adhered to - both during collection of information and during dissemination for decision making as well as any data integrity issues getting documented and corrected.
- Candidate must have the ability to engage and communicate with stakeholders to understand and convey data and information needs; provide guidance and direction on usage of the data; and develop reporting that tracks data quality and control. Candidate must have sufficient business and technical knowledge of data management lifecycle, data tools, data quality management and product platforms. Candidate also needs to work with Global teams on implementing procedures / user guides in the region. These standards and procedures are defined in line with the CDGP.
- Role will require candidate to work closely with business teams, business data owners, data consumers, process owners, data custodians and application teams in executing data operating model and deliver the fit-for-purpose data as defined by the consumers. Multiple views/approaches/perspectives with cohorts and principal stakeholders to be factored into an audit ready approach towards policy compliance and DOM adoption.
- A good understanding of the evolving data space within the industry and the bank is also valuable to contribute to the objectives of the business, especially as it relates to monitoring of new data being acquired when new functionality is added, identification of new Trusted Sources of data as the data landscape further expands into new platforms like Hadoop / Bigdata.
- The position also requires a thorough understanding of strategic direction of the Consumer Bank combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required to negotiate internally, often at a senior level.
- Candidate must drive the collective vision with conviction and resolve and seek timely attention to areas when needing clarity/attention.
- Candidate must be able to balance project cost & effort towards timeliness given regulatory criticality as well as be able to deliver on scale where required without compromising on controls.
- The role requires strong communications skills to interact with senior management as well as to a wide variety of business and technology partners.
- Providing periodic meaningful status updates to stakeholders is a key skill requirement of this role.
- A proven track record of delivering multi-market projects in global financial sector and knowledge of data quality, the related systems and infrastructure are essential
- 12+ years of banking business/technology domain knowledge with experience of managing projects/initiatives across multiple markets and functions
- The ideal candidate is expected to have in-depth understanding and knowledge of Citi's personal banking and wealth management processes, systems and stakeholders.
- Strong ability to quickly put together an execution plan and see it through till closure of the issue coupled with strong execution and implementation mind-set and track record
- Proven experience in conceptualization, planning and implementation of process and controls in multifunctional organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical for the role - the role expects someone who communicates clearly and frequently at all levels in the organization.
- People Manager, strong individual contributor and a team player who can work across functional teams.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills to manage large and diverse set of stakeholders and teams that are not directly reporting to the role.
- A strong collaborator with an execution focus having experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong project management skills required. Understanding of data architecture, data quality and process and standards related to monitoring and governing them would be essential
- Possesses strong understanding of Data Management including data capabilities, accountability, and stewardship
- Data quality business process improvement experience as it pertains to compliance and data quality initiatives
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and having the ability to think creatively to solve problem, and the ability to engage resources outside of their direct control to achieve objectives
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail. Tenacity to identify the root causes of issues is essential
- Willingness to pitch-in with other team members. Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to objectively evaluate established business processes, policies, and programs
- Self-motivated professional with clear and strong can do approach
- Ability to work independently, interface and execute with a sense of urgency and deliver tasks effectively
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under multiple time zones and tight schedule
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree preferably in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business
- Advanced degree preferred. (Masters or above in fields including but not limited to: Information Systems, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting