Regulatory Compliance Advisory - Global Markets, Assistant Vice President, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
This role reports to the Head of South East Asia Compliance and is based in Singapore covering Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and Thailand. The main goal of the role is to provide Business Unit Regulatory Compliance Advisory support to the businesses in South East Asia within Global Markets (FX Sales & Trading, Portfolio Solutions, Securities Fiinance) as well as supporting our internal Compliance program in meeting regulatory requirements.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Regulatory Compliance Advisory- Global Markets, AVP, you will
What we value
- Support stakeholders through providing prompt and timely strategic advice from a regulatory perspective, in a concise manner including, but not limited to Securities and Futures Act
- Keep up-to-date with the regulatory environment through the identification and interpretation of new regulatory change that impacts the business. Communicate and work with the business/business risk team to implement processes to meet new regulatory requirements
- Lead and/or participate in initiatives to develop, implement and maintain the Compliance Program/risk assessments to facilitate and monitor adherence to regulatory requirements, corporate policies and the control environment
- Support the design, development and implementation of projects/business initiatives through providing all necessary regulatory advice with a solution-based approach
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, including business lines, regional/global compliance. Collaborate with regional compliance teams on regional compliance matter
- Engage with the business and support functions partners in an open fashion, challenge, guide and provide support in the overall maintaining of high standards of compliance culture and behavior
- Identify and provide compliance training to business and support functions partners on a timely and regular manner
- Participate in Compliance Monitoring testing/Compliance Advisory reviews, new product approval reviews, outsourcing arrangements review, policies review
- Undertake internal reporting, such as local management reporting as well as upstream regional reporting
- Participate in local, regional or global projects or initiatives
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong Team player with a dynamic and mature approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and confidently with team, internal stakeholders and external parties across all levels (both written & verbal)
- Positive and keen learning attitude
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Bachelor Academic degree
- About 7 or more years' of relevant experience in Compliance advisory in FX Sales & Trading, Portfolio Solutions, Securities finance
- Good understanding of Securities and Futures Act (SFA) is a must
- Good understanding of rules and regulations in Singapore
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers