Regulatory Compliance Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific - https://careers.apac.bnpparibas
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Responsible as a team contributor within the Regulatory Office for Compliance advisory and support for regulatory matters for BNPP Group in Singapore
Assist the Head of Regulatory Office to assess and advise on impact of regulatory changes and provide the necessary regulatory advisory to stakeholders.
• Assist the team in the liaison function with regulatory bodies and industry association (MAS, SGX, CAD, SPF, ABS) for BNPP Group in Singapore in terms of inspections, official communications, submissions, requests, etc.
• Record, update and disseminate the bank's regulatory watch (Banking, SFA, FAA) for consultations, notifications and disseminate to relevant parties on regulatory updates and advise on changes and implications, if any
• Record and update the policies and procedures reflecting the necessary regulatory developments;
• Provide feedback on regulatory advice to internal BNPP stakeholders (Business, Support and Compliance functions) on NAC & TAC for business initiatives, products, outsourcing initiatives, regulatory and financial reportings, etc.
• Perform the required follow-ups and controls required to ensure that regulatory requirements are complied with;
• Assist to provide the necessary reporting to Head Office on regulatory matters;
• Assist in any ad-hoc and projects as assigned by the Head of Regulatory Office and/or Head of Compliance.
Arrangement for Back-up
• Serve as back-up for colleagues within the Regulatory Office Team
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Proactive, objective and possess an aptitude of risks and controls
• Attention for details and possess an enquiring mindset
• Good computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Specific Qualifications Required
• University graduate with relevant professional qualifications
• 5 years' experience in a role which has given them exposure to internal control framework (e.g. audit, regulatory inspectors),
• Experience in local regulatory environment and framework is essential