Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
The Relationship Analyst (RA) will work closely with and support members of the Client Group across Southeast Asia. The successful RA will understand each client's long term investment objectives and policy issues and bring the resources of the organization to bear on behalf of the client, with the goal of delivering a level of service that will exceed the client's expectations and position Wellington Management as the partner of choice.
Through their work with a variety of clients in Southeast Asia, Relationship Analysts develop a deep understanding of Wellington Management's investment approaches and how clients incorporate and evaluate a wide variety of our investment products over time. Relationship Analysts develop consultative and relationship skills, understand Wellington Management systems, and serve as a central resource interacting with almost every area of the firm to meet the needs of clients.
Relationship Analysts (RAs) must be knowledgeable about the markets in which their clients operate. RAs collaborate with Relationship Managers, Account Managers and other Analysts as a team to interact frequently with clients: by phone, via written communication, and in-person.
This position is responsible for supporting our relationship management and business development efforts. Accordingly, the Analyst will work closely with Relationship Managers in support of a number of assigned clients, including responding to ad hoc inquiries, undertaking market research, and preparing for client meetings. In addition, the Analyst will assist in prospecting and sales-related activities.
This position has frequent interaction with clients and will be expected to conduct analysis, initiate client-query associated research, and respond to inquiries on a wide variety of portfolio related and investment topics, often under significant time pressure.
Incorporating product knowledge with firm awareness, the Analyst will be required to effectively communicate client expectations with a variety of internal constituents including: portfolio services, legal and compliance, portfolio management, product management, client transaction, trading and other functions. Some travel may be required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Preparing presentation materials/marketing information for client/prospect meetings and attending these meetings where necessary
- Preparing responses to due diligence questionnaires
- Handling ad-hoc queries from clients/prospects
- Participating in various projects including the testing of new applications, processes and initiatives
- Supporting the team in client servicing, development, cross-selling and prospecting activity
- Assisting with new account set-ups/transitions, including being involved in negotiations on guidelines, customization needs and other legal agreements
- Analyzing performance data, investment characteristics, and risk profiles of client portfolios
- Coordinating key client communications
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
The successful candidate should possess in-depth knowledge of both global capital markets and the local market base or demonstrate the ability to acquire such knowledge. Interest in the business of investment management, desire to work in a team-based and collaborative environment, and an analytical/problem-solving orientation are required. Sound business judgment and strong written and oral communication skills are also a must.
Candidates should possess a demonstrated record of achievement, capacity for differentiated thinking, strong work ethic, teamwork, and the willingness to work with others.
Key qualifications for this role include:
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience within the financial services sector
- Direct buy-side experience supporting institutional and/or wholesale client relationships preferred
- Degree qualified with a strong academic background
- Focus on details and strong analytical skillsets
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- CFA charter or progress towards a CFA would be optional and considered a plus
Relationship Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .