About the role
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're making this happen by improving our customers' financial wellbeing so they can achieve incredible things - be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
The Institutional domain will deliver full end-to-end world class products and services to our global Institutional, Corporate and Commercial customers across Asia. It will incorporate capabilities across areas of Investment Banking, Trading and Sales, Cash Management, Wholesale Lending and Trade Finance and with a single view of a customer to better integrate business and technology in creating a seamless customer experience. The domain will lead digital transformation in areas such as trade and supply chain management to create a seamless customer experience. Digital Banking Operations (DBO) domain
We enable excellent customer service by providing Operations, Middle Office and Core Banking services to the Institutional and International portfolios. We are passionate about delivering robust, consistent and enhanced product features to radically improve the Institutional, Corporate and Commercial customer and banker experience.
As a Release Lead for DBO, you will convert business initiatives into cross-platform releases of new technology features or enhancements and ensure customer value is delivered as quickly as possible. Influence squads to transform release processes to improve delivery and help manage inter-Tech Area and Cross Domain dependencies. Whilst this role may not be a people manager, it is a key leadership role, galvanising the squad around a vision and supporting them to successfully deliver customer value at pace.
You will be a member of the Release Lead Chapter of DBO. As a member, you will share ideas and knowledge and partner with your Chapter Lead to uplift the capability of the chapter. What will your day look like
What will you bring?
- Joint design of release plan with Tribe Performance Lead and Tech Area Architect to ensure alignment of priority and timeframe between business portfolios and technology domains
- You will be flexible enough to work across tribes however accountability is within a specific tribe
- Embed release engineering practices to influence the optimisation and flow of value through the releases
- Continuous aggregation and communication of backlog and feature progress, dependency progress and major impediments effecting the release
- Track and resolve impediments for the release
- Translation of business initiatives into cross-platform or cross-tribe releases
- Understand, co-ordinate, resolve and tracking a range of complex interdependencies required for a successful release outcome
- Provide input into value assessments and do-ability
- Fit-gap analysis and feasibility assessment across the platforms/tribes within the domain against the scope/timeframe/value of release
- Encourage common planning and release design skills across Technology Areas to enable others to manage changes in a complex operating environment
- Lead the coordination and execution of release activities across Squads, Technology Areas and Domains
We know not everyone will bring all of the skills and experience, and at ANZ we are focused on people bringing a growth mindset to their approach to work. Some of the skills we are looking for are below, but don't worry if you don't have all of these as learning on the job is the way we work.
So, why join us?
- Proven years in the banking/finance industry working in global teams with Institutional / Infrastructure / Integration experience a plus point.
- Demonstrated successful end to end delivery of large scale projects in the last 2 years, across agile and able to articulate advantages and challenges of various Agile methods.
- Experience defining and assessing options and present to director level stakeholders in a coherent and succinct manner.
- Ability to escalate and provide clarity on risks and issues and associated impact to the delivery and the customer outcome.
- Display a high level of comfort with ambiguity and ability to plan for failure.
- Proven ability to plan at both a high and detail level, and influence stakeholders and team members to commit to a defined pathway.
- Experience with the Automation, Machine Learning, Container platform capabilities working with and onboarding onto DevOps toolsets / teams.
There's something special about being part of ANZ. From the moment you join us, you're part of a team working towards a common goal: improving the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our millions of customers.
As a Purpose-led bank, we've committed to delivering commercial and societal outcomes across environmental sustainability, financial wellbeing and household affordability. We deliver these sustainability commitments with our customers, in our business and across the communities where we operate.
But it's not just our customers who'll feel your impact. You'll feel it too. Because at ANZ, you'll have the resources and community you need to take the next big step in your career, towards even bigger things in the future.
We offer a range of benefits tailored to the countries in which we operate including Health and Wellbeing programs and flexible working arrangements.
You'll also enjoy working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.careers.anz.com. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number 30366. Job Posting End Date
06 February 2023 11.59pm, (Melbourne Australia)