Repo Sales-Trader (Director)
- Permanent, Full time
- Sartre Group
- 17 Jan 19
A European Investment Bank is keen to hire a Senior Vice President / Director to join the team in Singapore.
The role is part of a new project within one of the bank’s highest performing teams (not a specialised Repo team), and would therefore best suit an experienced specialist who is keen to build and take proportionate responsibility for the success of the franchise.
- Generating revenue from Flow Repo transactions involving both Government Bonds and Credit as collateral
- Servicing existing client base, while taking a leading role in business development – targeting mainly Real Money and Corporate clients
- Managing the client onboarding process, collaborating with other departments across the bank
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the business, leveraging the bank’s existing infrastructure and creating cross-sell opportunities – working with colleagues across APAC, Europe and USA
- Attending conferences and international events for business development purposes
- 7+ years’ experience in a Repo Sales / Sales-Trading role
- Strong client relationships in APAC – especially Real Money and/or Corporates
- Advanced understanding of Repurchase Agreements – ideally with exposure to Credit Repo
- Understanding of relevant regulations and documentation – GMRA’s, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and sales acumen
NB: The preferred location of this role is Singapore, but the bank also has a presence in Hong Kong and may be able to accomodate there.