Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE :
At MFS the Equity Research Associate Program is designed to allow associates to become fully immersed in the investment management world of stock picking. The Equity Research Associates work with the fundamental equity research team and gather information on companies to augment the coverage of the analysts. The Equity Research Associate Program is designed to be a 3 - 4 year program, where incumbents generally will pursue graduate school or another opportunity inside or outside of MFS at the end of their term. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Gathers information about companies by interviewing suppliers, customers, government agencies, sell side analysts, etc. Assists in developing interview questions and gathers data via telephone or in person (hosts visitors or travels to location).
- Gathers and synthesizes information from multiple sources to assess a company's growth prospects, competitive position, management, etc. Presents finding to research analyst.
- Collects financial data from databases and interview process to be utilized in financial modeling.
- Acts as conduit for cross-industry research between the various members of the sector team.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Assumes additional projects and responsibilities as required.
- Demonstrated passion for investing and the stock market.
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to gather and concisely compile large amounts of information.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently on complex projects.
- Relevant internship experience preferred.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."