Research Technology Engineer - Singapore
This is a fabulous opportunity for a talented engineer with expert Linux skills and a strong background in shell scripting to join the Research Technology team at this tech-savvy algorithmic trading firm. Working hand-in-hand with quant researchers, this full stack team strives to make their system as performant, reliant and transparent as possible.
A role where you can make an immediate impact, it has a varied workload: from designing the datacentre environment and assessing leading edge new compute technology, to tuning operating systems, storage and networks, through to writing efficient distribution software for the compute cluster.
The successful candidate will be a experienced engineer with hands-on experience in developing automated builds and patching cycles, who can't wait to get to work on growing one of the biggest private compute clusters out there. Requirements
- Outstanding Linux engineering skills
- Excellent coding skills; Python would be ideal
- Good knowledge of configuration management using Puppet, Ansible (or similar)
- Knowledge of network & storage technologies and container tech, e.g. podman, docker and Kubernetes
- Bonus points for exposure to prometheus/alertmanager/grafana or system admin-level knowledge of hardware, networking and/or file storage systems
- Competitive compensation package
- They're willing to be flexible with WFH
- Solve complex problems from the ground up; ideas from everyone are encouraged and evaluated
- Generous benefits package, including life & health insurance, pension, onsite gym, yoga, climbing wall, pool & table tennis and regular staff social events
If this sounds like you or you would like to know more, please get in touch: Andy Stirling-Martin