At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today! General Description
The incumbent is required to conduct surveillance reviews in an accurate and timely manner as part of Surveillance team within Business Risk Management ("BRM") under Risk Management Function. He/She is required to assist the Team Head in guiding team members for the Surveillance reviews and assist Team Head in making changes and execution of Surveillance methodology based on the changes in the relevant policies/ procedures. This role will also be involved in the Bank's ongoing project initiatives related to Surveillance. Main Duties
- Conduct surveillance reviews in accordance to the BRM Surveillance Methodology to review on front office and/or other staff's compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements including SFA/FAA requirements, MAS Notices and Guidelines, Fair Dealing Guidelines and Private Banking Code of Conduct.
- Engage with front office and/or other staff to ensure end-to-end completion of surveillance reviews through clear fact finding and rectification by Front office and/or other staff of any observation(s) noted.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including Business Management, Compliance, Operational Risk and Product Management Group.
- Consolidate and prepare surveillance findings and management reports to Senior Management.
- Highlight findings and lesson learnt to relevant front office and/or other staff through the conduct of surveillance reviews with observations noted.
- Provide support to line manager and ensure timely escalation.
- Participate in changes for internal BRM Surveillance reviews methodology.
- Participate in projects and/or process improvements to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of BRM Surveillance
- Contribute in information gathering during audit reviews.
- At least 5 years of Private Banking surveillance experience
- QA experience in Private banking surveillance compliance related function is preferred
- Good knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements such as Fair dealing practices and Private banking code of conduct
- High level of integrity, independent, adaptable and committed with high level of initiative.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, ability to analyse and visualize large amount of data
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Well organized and a team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to guide peer teammates
- Ability to work well under stress when challenged on highlighted observations
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skill
- University degree or equivalent from a reputable institution