As SPDR ETF Fixed Income Sales Specialist your key mission would be to develop strategies to drive sales of the global fixed income SPDR EFTs range, focusing on the Institutional Asset Owners and Managers segments in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia.
This is a fantastic opportunity to operate in a team friendly environment where you would work collaboratively with the Global SPDR Team to promote our range of Fixed Income ETFs across the region. Together we will continue to build a client focused, collaborative and dynamic sales culture.
The focus of this role will be to work with the Head of SPDR ETFs Asia Pacific Distribution, the SPDR ETF country heads and their teams, to devise a comprehensive business plan to build & develop the Fixed Income institutional sale opportunities. Considerations should include the addressable Fixed Income market opportunity, regulatory requirements, marketing requirements, product requirements [US Domiciled, UCITS, local], capital markets and operational infrastructure requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As SPDR ETF Fixed Income Sales Specialist you will
- Develop strategies to drive sales of Fixed Income ETFs across the target client segments within Singapore, Hong Kong & Australia: Institutional Asset Owners and Institutional Asset Managers Build and maintain a book of business with key clients, working in partnership with the local SPDR ETF country heads
- Work closely with SPDR’s distribution and marketing team to position fixed income strategies with targeted clients and prospects across the APAC region to achieve SPDR Fixed Income net new assets and revenue targets for the Asia Pacific region
- Identify and anticipate client requirements, expectations and needs
- Clearly communicate SPDR ETFs Fixed Income investment ideas and research to clients and prospects
- Execute sales campaigns and dynamically involve clients on major SPDR initiatives (seminars, events, surveys) while promoting an excellent and positive teamwork culture at all time
- Partner closely with the Marketing Team to design, elaborate and execute sales strategies
- Remain abreast of industry and product trends (including competitive analysis) to ensure SPDR is strongly positioned across the region and also in each local market
- Cross referrals and collaboration within the broader Asia Pacific SPDR ETF distribution team, along with the SSGA Institutional and Cash teams
- Partner with Product team in sourcing new product ideas and providing high quality feedback to the product development process
- Ensure strong oversight and controls including liaison with Legal, Compliance, Risk, Operations, Audit, Finance and the regulators
- Partner with SPDR Capital Markets team to build liquidity strategies for Fixed income clients in in the region
- Collaborate with regional and global executive management across SSGA and other State Street business divisions to build a cohesive strategic client approach
- Support a sales culture which promotes a sense of urgency, and is client focused
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Solution oriented mindset
- Strong technical ability with investment industry knowledge
- Comprehensive asset management market and product knowledge across all SSGA/SPDR asset classes/product lines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree qualified or equivalent with a financial or analytical discipline preferred
- Operated at a senior level in strategic sales, marketing and client management for an extended period of time
- Strong client facing and/or Fixed Income Investment experience in the asset management industry of 10 years+
- Hold appropriate MAS licenses