The esteemed organisation is one of the world's most prominent payment technology companies looking for dynamic individuals to join their team. Introduction to the role:
The organization is looking for an experienced SQL DBA, who will be highly involved in Database Administration and Engineering in the architecture, design, development and deployment, and management of Microsoft SQL database environments. Duties include:
- Production Support of MSSQL Systems, MSSQL Server Powershell scripting, MSSQL engineering, deployment and support of MSSQL database technology.
- Provide technical expertise to design efficient and cost effective solutions for Microsoft SQL Servers.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain MSSQL databases in production and non-production environments.
- Collaborate with other Infrastructure operations and engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA's and performance target set.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Implementation/Support of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, encryption, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participating in on call.
- Provide DBA support for enterprise monitoring, backup, alerting, and security compliance solutions for SQL servers.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
- 8+ years of DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with Microsoft SQL server technologies (Which include areas: SSMS, SQL clustering, Data Synchronization, Encryption, Partitioning, Performance, Security, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS configuration) is mandatory.
- Sound knowledge of all windows and SQL utilities; strong PowerShell knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Solid knowledge in database replication technologies including Always-on, GoldenGate, etc. and strong architectural/engineering skills to design systems that meet various applications
- Possess strong interpersonal skills along with effective communication both written and verbal skills.