SVP/ED, Group Sustainability
Business Function DBS is on a journey to become a leader in sustainability, and we are figuring out what it takes to build a bank that not only contributes to a world fit for tomorrow, but operates in balance between environmental and social imperatives. We have an aggressive agenda and need somebody who has the passion and insight to join us on our journey. This position plays a vital role in ensuring that this journey continues to build on past successes and learnings to become increasingly more impactful, measurable and visible. Key Accountabilities Drive sustainability-related initiatives and articulating the progress to stakeholders. Provide guidance and direction to the bank's stakeholders and the working team. Build effective partnerships internally and externally to drive best practices as well as to support DBS' momentum towards being a leader in sustainability. Responsibilities Leading innovative initiatives
- Develop strategy, operational roadmaps and benchmarking for key projects
- Work closely with business and support units to co-create and deliver relevant solutions
- Keep abreast of changing sustainability landscape, including policies or trends to inform business initiatives
Oversight and capacity building
- Build effective partnerships both internally and externally, and engage investors, regulators, service providers, industry associations to enhance sustainability leadership in market
- Represent bank on selected forums, partnerships and memberships
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the working team
- Lead efforts to increase capacity within the bank for sustainability
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- At least 10 years in sustainability within a business context, with 3 to 5 years in a leadership position in a large company.
- Prior working experience in financial institution preferred but not a must.
- Enthusiastic about sustainability developments.
- Strong knowledge in TCFD, various ESG rating methodologies and ESG risk management preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and process design skills, with the ability to translate analysis into actions that meet business objectives, and able to communicate this effectively to senior stakeholders.
- Able to focus on the goal, while paying attention to details on the journey.
- Able to lead projects, guide and support team members.
- Able to engage stakeholders across all levels.
- Resourceful and adaptable in uncertainty.
- A degree (Master's preferred) in environmental studies, sustainability or related field
- Good relationships with relevant external stakeholders or potential/existing ecosystem partners will be helpful.