SVP/VP, Lead Architect, Group Consumer Banking Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
This is a unique opportunity to drive the engineering and delivery of our Channels programs. Driving forward our engineering teams on modern technology stacks, focussing on engineering quality and delivery. Responsibilities
We are looking for a dynamic Software Engineering Lead that can build a world class team that ships high quality production code daily. As an engineering lead across several squads, you'll be responsible for shaping our technology strategy and building highly scalable, performant and distributed cloud native architectures that securely serve millions of customers every day. Requirements
- You love solving problems and building solutions.
- You believe in Agile development and putting the customer first in anything you design; experience with SCRUM is a plus.
- You're self-motivated and have a demonstrated track record of self-learning and going above and beyond.
- You're excited to create high traffic back and front-end distributed services for customers.
- You're a hands-on leader that regularly codes.
- You're comfortable leading a set of 30 engineers by example and a strong advocate of good coding standards and like the use of coding tools that will push you to improve the code you deliver like Sonar.
- You understand the importance of thoughtful feedback, nurturing an inclusive engineering environment, championing engineering fundamentals and providing clarity and mentorship for team members to grow.
- You want to hit the ground running on Day 1; you take ownership of your work and can work independently.
- You've designed and clearly understand concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, RPC, SPRING Framework and Micro Front Ends.
- You know the fundamentals of Object-Oriented Programming using Java, Kotlin, Typescript or Python, or composition using Golang.
- You love Git and are at home with source control concepts such as merge, rebase and pull.
- You've used SQL & NoSQL solutions and understand the pros and cons of relational and free form databases. Good hands on experience with both databases.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.