SVP, Regional Head, Credit Specialist for Securitisation Portfolio, Risk Management Group
Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
Securitisation is the tranching of credit risk associated with an exposure or a pool of exposures and transforms relatively illiquid assets into liquid, tradable capital market instruments. Repayment is subject to the performance of the exposure or pool of exposures. As part of client relationship strategy, the Bank originates and invests in such instruments from time to time.
Reporting to the Group Chief Credit Officer, the Credit Specialist holds joint responsibility over the Bank's securitisation portfolio with Business Unit and Product Specialist. The role is an opportunity to further develop credit skills, work in a dynamic environment to build positive working relationships with multiple stakeholders in the Bank, and would be suitable for a passionate, driven individual with a growth mindset and desire to learn. Responsibilities
- Work closely and collaboratively with a team of senior business stakeholders, senior originators, and analysts to structure and approve new securitisation / structured products. This would include assessment of structure, cashflow models and stress testing of underlying assets.
- Approve annual reviews of existing securitisation transactions.
- Review and approve requests put forth by Business Unit and Product Specialist for any deviations or breaches in approved terms, including deviations from ISDAs and CSAs.
- Review monthly service report.
- Jointly review the Bank's securitisation portfolio on a monthly basis and present findings to risk committees.
- Be responsible to monitor trends and risks emerging across the asset backed securitisation market and the Bank's portfolio.
- Conduct due diligence on specific asset portfolios and participate in training opportunities.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field.
- At least 10 years of financial services experience including asset backed securitisation credit underwriting or equivalent experience.
- Rating agency experience may be an advantage but not a must.
- Possess prior experience in structured products, asset analysis, cash flow modelling, and ability to interpret financial statements.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes and trends.
- Conversant in credit policy matters with proven sound judgement.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and exert influence.
- Motivated, self-driven and willingness to take on a hands-on approach.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.