SVP, Team Lead, Relationship Manager, Metal & Mining
Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards. Responsibilities
- Proactively strategies, grow and optimize key metals & mining clients together with in country GRM/LRM at global level by way of Joint Coverage and Industry Concurrence.
- Build portfolio of corporate clients in the metals and mining space by increasing product penetration and actively cross selling of IBG's products in conjunction with product groups and colleagues in the region.
- Formulate, complete and execute account plans for identified clients in the assigned portfolio to increase share of walletby generating solutions and procuring support from product groups including capital markets (Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets and M&A), transaction banking services (Cash and Trade) and treasury, working closely in conjunction with product groups and colleagues in the region.
- Structure, handle trade financing solutions tailored to specific needs of metals & mining clients.
- Prepare credit applications (quantitative and qualitative client analysis), credit renewal and undertake periodic review of credit files and structured trade and commodity finance facilities.
- Generate excellent returns on risk adjusted assets and equity that commensurate with the Bank's acceptable risk parameters.
- Monitor and manage accounts actively, being alert to credit deterioration or improvement, and taking timely action including elevation to senior bankers and credit.
- Handle loan, transaction & perfecting security documentation and negotiationsin a timely manner.
- Work with clients to explore and implement digitization of trade financing, cash management, commodities hedging and treasury management.
- Ability to identify cross-industry opportunities and drive synergies with existing clients of the bank.
- Lead and mentor team members for people development and growth.
- Degree holder in Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in trade and commodity finance preferred, especially experience in dealing with metals and mining type clients.
- Good understanding and appreciation as well as ability to mitigate transactional risks in structured trade and commodity finance transactions.
- Strong credit and financial analytical skills with the ability to independently prepare credit applications for approvals,
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and committed to a career in the commodity space.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- As this role requires to work closely and communicate with majority China based clients, candidate with ability to speak and read Chinese will be at an advantage.
- Results-oriented and strong business connections in identifying and developing business opportunities.
- Proven Track record and experience in this aspect.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.