SVP / VP, Programme Manager - Digital Platform, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Strategic Project Governance
- Work closely with and manage project managers from each domain, team members, tech, and stakeholders to monitoring, develop and execute project plans and associated project content.
- Track project milestones and deliverables. Implement and track key milestones & relevant KPIs to measure success of projects.
- Keep management and project sponsors abreast of project developments - set up periodic reviews and prepare relevant documents to communicate progress
- Build business case and follow the process to get approvals of business case and conduct project inceptions
- Drive project and program delivery
- Responsible for ensuring project delivery on time on schedule and with quality
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program, projects and project management community and with other stakeholders if necessary.
- Resolve issues at the project or line level and escalate issues which cannot be resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage budget at the portfolio level and create reports/dashboard for management to take holistic view on financial health of projects
- Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users.
- Responsible for managing multiple concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
- Manage key stakeholders and business and technology leads
- Manage and communicate effectively with domain leads at senior level and working level teams.
- Responsible for ensuring project steering committee meetings, cross function meetings and other key project meetings are effective and achieve objectives on a consistent manner
- Recruitment of required resources
- Put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- Change management
- Ability to drive the adoption of agile methodology across teams
- Able to work with users to drive changes within the organization for projects implementation
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management. Ensure utilization of standards and practices across all projects.
- Developing and cascading the unit strategy to the team as well as all staff
- Planning by prioritizing key deliverables as well as support firming up of C2MA organization - Driving strategic initiatives/measures for the operation in the form of dashboards for review by management team
- Manage and prioritize competing demands
- Platform Transformation
- Facilitate workshops & business delivery communication - Ensure consistent understanding of KPI's & facilitate benchmarking exercise of key platform transformation initiatives, creation of persistent cells, etc. in regular business engagement forums
- Moving the needle for Agile transformation across all teams
- Automation/reduction of manual toil
- Align JIRA migration as well as ensure that tracking of resources & work allocation is transparent
- Drive continuous improvement of best practices an Agile environment
- At least 15 years of solid experience working in a banking / financial institution in project management office and financial management.
- 4-6 years of experience leading channels (mobile / web) delivery team
- Excellent presentation, analytical and articulation skills
- Self-starter and extremely hands on in the management of projects
- Must have implemented large programs using Agile methodology
- Demonstrated interaction and working with all levels of management.
- Education - Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Project management and agile certifications (e.g. PMP, scrum master etc) will be a plus.
- Experience in using a project management tool like HP PPM, CA PPM.
- Knowledge/understanding of latest cloud technologies
- Proficiency in Slack, Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint 2013, JIRA and Confluence
- Domain knowledge in consumer/retail banking applications.
- Balanced business/technical background
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with product owners and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Able to drive multiple projects at the same time.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.