Sales Manager/Business Development - Hong Kong (20421)
- Self Employed, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 17 Feb 19
Sales Manager/Business Development - Hong Kong (20421)
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools and risk services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
As a global credit rating agency, Fitch Ratings gauges the ability of entities and instruments to meet their credit obligations. Investors and financial market participants rely on multiple sources, and the credit rating - indicating how an issue or transaction is likely to perform over time - is one of their key inputs. In this way, we help investors map potential credit risks.
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, we distribute the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution we bring to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Learning is a leader in providing examination, graduate, professional skills and credit risk training. With unrivalled breadth and depth of training, the company delivers learning solutions for interns and graduates to those with 10+ years experience in Financial Services. Our business is split into four Business Units:
- Professional Qualifications - Regulatory and exam training including CFA and CQF
- Tailored Learning - intern, graduate and start of career cross functional training and highly specialised analytic training for those with 2+ years' experience
- Open Course - tailored learning training opened to the public
- Learning Solutions (LS)
To represent Fitch Learning in a professional, ethical and consultative manner within a select number of regions with a view to maximizing revenue for Fitch Learning and providing best class advice in the effective use of our products and services. The Client Relationship Manager will also be responsible for projecting annual sales, tracking sales performance and interacting with other areas of the organisation to ensure that client transactions are executed properly and profitably.
- Position and sell Fitch Learning products and services into nominated accounts in the region
- Meet or exceed all assigned revenue targets
- Ensure the consistency and predictability of sales revenue on a quarter by quarter basis and to keep management visibility and involvement high in all key opportunities
- Qualify and convert opportunities that provide incremental revenues
- Manage the complete sales cycle from the initial meeting to project roll out
- Take lead in developing client proposals and present solutions, through face to face meetings, telephone calls and email
- Identify individual client needs and industry trends to assist in product and service development priorities
- Strong Lead generation: Cold call and network to identify opportunities
- Maintain a strong sales funnel
- Becoming the "go to" person for clients seeking advice
- Employ business analyst capability to determine the right solution
- Work with Head of Sales to successfully resolve operational issues and achieve client satisfaction
- Ensure all records are kept up to date in Salesforce
- Pre-empting business losses and identifying strategies to combat those losses
- Prospecting through analysing market data and demographic analysis
- Executing directly through phone and face to face meetings
- Assist Fitch Learning to build up relationships with industry stakeholders such as exam bodies, industry bodies and the financial press. Attending seminars, networking in focus groups and helping to co ordinate Fitch Learning's own marketing events.
- Gain a detailed knowledge of the industry including competitors, regulators, examining bodies and industry forums
- 3 to 5 years of sales background in 'selling' high quality and bespoke services to financial institutions
- Proven track record using a consultative, solutions-focussed approach to sales, including e-learning packages. Ability to analyse each client and map a complex set of solutions to meet their individual expectations and needs
- Ability to have a clear plan of how to hit their targets, by profiling the market to identify prospects; have the ability to get the attention of the training buyer and make the buyer want to engage in the first call (needs to do this consistently and constantly)
- Good presence and respectable level of 'gravitas'
- Language skills: must have fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Effective questioning, listening and preparation for meetings
- Proposal writing, story boarding and pitching (be able to synthesize clients needs into a document) and excellent presentation skills
- Passion for product and the client, understands what 'Development' and learning means to our clients (through their own experience if possible)
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to convey key messages appropriately in written communication, be that proposals, sales campaigns or client and colleague emails
- Ability to present convincingly, listening to your audience's needs and adapting your content accordingly
- Enthusiastic to quickly get up to speed, learn the ropes and "get stuck in" as each situation demands
- Self-motivated, proactive and willingness to spend time devising the right solution to achieve targets
We are not seeking assistance from recruiters at this time.
To apply, please submit a short cover letter stating your suitability for the role plus details of any valid visa that you hold and your up-to-date CV. Please also enter your current and desired gross annual salary and notice period in the applicable spaces but do not include them in your CV. We regret we are only able to respond to successful applicants.