Scrum Master, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- As a Scrum Master, you will manage the Scrum activities and lead the Agile ceremonies • Create shared understanding, alignment between stakeholders, product owners and development teams through reviews (workshops, design reviews, stakeholder updates, backlog grooming, iteration planning meetings, daily sync-ups)
- Support iterative software development process of continuous integration & release, and review, to create real feedback loop for product management • Cultivate a team culture that regularly reflects, tune and adjust how software is developed Responsibilities
- Work with scrum team to come up with appropriate solutions and architecture for the initiatives & enhancements
- Act as anchor for the team of Developers, Designers & Product Owners, to take responsibility for the success of the team in terms of product delivery and process
- Work with Product Owners to build subject matter expertise in the team, groom the Product Backlog, and incorporate feedback loops to ensure team remains adaptive/responsive to changes (user testing, customer feedback, validate MVP)
- Prioritize ruthlessly to ensure the development effort is focused on the stories with the highest business value. Understanding the cost-benefit of the product decisions made, and be able to provide explain/account, lends to transparency in how product is managed
- Ask Questions, validate assumptions and talk to developers, Product Owners ahead to plan effectively for Iteration Planning Meetings. Listening and understanding what levers to pull (e.g. detailed vs clear acceptance criteria, well define user interactions, test-data, business context) to ensure stories are understood, and empower the team to make technical decisions to drive the design & implementation of the product.
- Run team retrospectives to speak truths to foster team communication and trust. In addition, to provide tight feedback cycle for developers and Product Owners, by conducting frequent reviews, sync-ups and course corrections to help team build better products
- Identify risks and issues early, work with team on the mitigating steps and communicate to all stakeholders in a timely manner. • Drive big room planning and Quarterly release planning sessions to align and agree on the product backlog items to be delivered.
- Manage on-time delivery of projects within agreed scope and approved budget.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Degree holder, with at least 10 years of progressive work experience and have extensive experience in running projects in an agile way.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and success in project implementation.
- Prior knowledge of Digital banking products and processes will be a big plus.
- This is a hands-on role requiring a strong scrum master to engage in a fast moving and a project with multiple tracks running simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex issues to stakeholders and team.
- Ability to influence, by bringing together stakeholders, team members with competing priorities, interests, and concerns is critical in Agile product management • Prior experience in managing Agile Teams and/or Product Management
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and commitment
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Scrum Master certification an added advantage
- Hands-on experience in new stack (with Java, springboot) development / management will be an added advantage.