Security Technical Architect
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It's time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential. Want to be a part of our team?
The Technical Architect is a seasoned professional who is responsible for specifying and designing solutions based on their technical expertise across one or more technology domains. The individual in this position takes responsibility for the successful overall technical design and build of the custom elements of the solution to meet a client's business requirements.
\"Provides primarily pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. Report only those incumbents with incentives not tied to product sales.\" Working at NTT Key roles and responsibilities:
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Select and apply appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with the agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensure that these are effectively applied and adopted.
- Guide successful implementation and execution of system solutions.
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the planning and operations processes.
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas.
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for small-scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives.
- Designs components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Provides pre-sales technical support and expertise in analysing client requirements, in conjunction with the client's current infrastructure, architecture, system capabilities and business challenges.
- Ensure technical solutions accomplish the client's objectives.
- Work with Solutions Architects (SAs) to produce a technical specification for the solution's custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Develop the technical design document to match the solution design specifications.
- Lead the scope of work determination, product pricing and RFP/RFI responses and assist with the decision to pursue or abort a deal.
- Manages client proof of concept (POC) initiatives, which require appropriation of appropriate resources, and setup and delivery of the POC.
Academic qualifications and certifications:
- Demonstrate broad product knowledge integrated with strong technology understanding
- Good understanding of the vendor's products, business and technology positioning
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish and create excellent client relationships with their technical expertise
- Ability to develop and leverage their knowledge of reference architectures
- Ability to maintain knowledge of trends and development in technology domains
- Knowledgeable in core frameworks used
- Strong knowledge of the problem domain that their systems are to provide solutions for
- Qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Certification and working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, SOA, ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Relevant vendor and industry certifications, e.g. Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle,
- Software and programming languages, e.g. C++
- SAFe Scaled Agile certification advantageous
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Proven track record as a developer and architect of new systems/solutions
- Previous work experience working as a systems administrator or network engineer
- Proven client engagement and development consulting experience
- Experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Proven experience in a variety of architectures for specific domain or specialization
- Experienced designer and development know-how
- Project management experience
- Experience presenting technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Standard career level descriptor for job level:
• Seasoned and experienced professional
• Has full understanding of specialisation area
• Resolves wide range of issues in creative ways
• Fully qualified, career level, career journey-orientated
• Uses good judgement in selecting tools and methods to solve problems
• Networks with senior internal and external people in own area of expertise
• Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, receives general instructions on new assignments
• Typically requires demonstrable related experience with a Bachelor's or equivalent degree; or moderate level experience and a Master's or equivalent degree; or a PhD or equivalent degree without experience; or equivalent work experience Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today. Equal opportunity employer
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.