Senior API Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Lead a strategic, enterprise level API Management, Open Banking, Identity & Access Management platform for the Bank. Own the platform and evolve it.
- Work with Product Managers to translate requirements into design and work with the architects, engineering teams on the implementation. Manage own work priorities, deadlines and deliverables fulfilling your commitments to Product Owner and team.
- Assure quality of deliverables & implementation with focus on continuous automation of operations. Lead and Mentor the technical
- The individual is expected to drive the API Marketplace initiative and enhance the External API Ecosystem on Cloud Journey
- This is horizontal role which will serve across the CIO verticals (Retail / CCIB / Functions) in the API Ecosystem offering capacity
People and Talent
- Process is extremely critical for this role since we define the process for the API marketplace (publisher / consumer)
- Resource is expected to build & groom a team in GBS centres focussed on API Marketplace and Ecosystem
- Bank as zero tolerance policy on Risk controls and API being the core focus the individual is expected to be Risk aware in every activity, he / she performs on building the ecosystem
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Bank Governance Framework have to be adhered on every API delivery which he/she getting hired in this role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Retail & CCIB - Tech & Business partners
Minimum of 8 years of experience in Banking domain. Primary Skills (Must Have):
Secondary Skills (Good to Have):
- API Management platforms and Integration
- Server-side Java or a JVM-based language
- Open ID Connect, OAuth, Identity & Access Management
- O pen banking, microservice architecture
- Go-Lang, Scripting - Shell script or Lua
- RESTful design patterns
- System integration patterns, digital banking architectures
- Database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) and caching technologies
- Networking, Cybersecurity & Cryptography
- Cloud infrastructure, monitoring and orchestration tools
- AWS or Azure Certified
- Good to have CISA / CISSP / CISM certified
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.