Candidate's primary responsibility will be to liaise with internal product experts and publish regional Olefins. Candidate will also provide analytical support to the product experts and have the responsibility to update relevant database and be able to create and modify relevant charts and tables required in the reports. Candidate will also work on preparing top class presentations that the product experts use for client discussions and business development. Candidate is also expected to have or develop "product expertise", i.e interact with clients, dicuss market dynamics and deliver a market report on the products under the candidate's responsibilities. The "products" could include any of the products that IHS Markit currently covers under it's "Olefins" portfolio or is planning to cover in future. Essential Functions
- This job moves across 2 roles within the Olefins Team
- The job involves liasioning with the regional product experts and publishing reports on weekly and monthly basis.
- Update the charts and tables that get published in the report on a routine basis. Own the responsibility to update the capacity and price database.
- Prepare top class presentations for the product experts that will be used for Client meetings, Conferences and other business development initiatives.
- Respond to client data requests
- Interact with market participants for price and news discovery focusing on certain products within Olefins.
- Work on supply - demand dynamics of the focus product - both short term & long term.
- Meet clients and make insightful discussions / presentations on outlook for concerned products.
- Promote IHS Markit expertise on the value chain and be responsible for commercial growth of the service.
- Personable interface at multiple levels within the organization
- Cooperatively work across the organization at multi levels to efficiently and effectively utilize the resources and knowledge base available in a team approach.
- Communicating internationally with consultants in other world regions in multiple time zones effectively.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Chemical engineering or Chemistry
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of Mandarin (Chinese) will be an added advantage .
- Attention to detail is pre-requisite for the job
- Minimum 3 years or experience in related role - preferable in the Chemicals industry
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.