My client is an international trading house and they are seeking for a Senior Analyst to join their Strategy and Market Research team. As a member of the global analytics team, you will work with the Refined Products business to provide timely macro market analysis and contribute to market strategy formation.
- Monitor the market from fundamental (refinery run, refinery economics, product cracks) and macro perspectives and share your insights with stakeholders to highlight trading opportunities and/or risks via regular meetings/calls.
- Develop robust quantitative modelling methods to run medium to long term supply - demand forecast for the fuel products market and communicate the likely impact on trading, origination and assets business to relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports as well as weekly findings on your analysis and strategy recommendations.
- Conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative studies on the energy transition path of the global refinery sector to generate ideas of business strategies at corporate level and convey them in a clear, concise manner (writing and presentation).
- Update existing and develop new analytical tools and models to run forecast. Proactively refine research approaches to embed new market dynamics to improve forecast and address specific questions raised by stakeholders.
- Assist with any ad-hoc research projects and provide analytical support for all the product trading desks when needed
- Experience in both trading house and consulting firms will be an added advantage
- Master's degree is preferred
- Deep understanding of global fuel products markets, including refined oil products, bio fuels, and other alternative fuels and technologies
- Strong modelling skills for fuel demand and supply forecast
- Good communication, influencing, and presentation skills
- Tableau, Power BI and Python programming experience will be a plus