Overview Department / Team Overview
The Global Account and Market Administration (GAMA) team is a client facing team that is responsible for opening and amending accounts for all our clients across APAC. We liaise with Clients, Relationship Managers, and other internal operations team to achieve this. The team is the focal point for ensuring accurate and timely set-up of all new and existing client accounts, markets and static data. Overall responsibility
To work directly with assigned client base, assisting to day to day queries about account and market set-up and helping the client open accounts in a timely manner in adherence with our service level agreements. Key areas of responsibility:
Skills & Experience:
- Take full responsibility for a client caseload and act as the link between the client / RM and the various operational areas of the Bank.
- Interpret client instructions and complete the necessary documentation to ensure that the static data is accurately set up on all Bank systems.
- Conduct an in-depth regular reviews of all outstanding items ensuring activities are completed in accordance to service level agreements.
- Build and maintain good client relationships in order to facilitate confidence in the department and assist in its continued success.
- Develop a full understanding of an individual client's requirements in relation to the establishment of new accounts in order to complete the successful transition of new business.
- Widen knowledge of all areas of the Bank and of global markets in order to be able to efficiently resolve client queries and be able to add value to the client through this.
- Strong IT skills including MS Excel.
- Proven organisation and prioritisation skills and ability to manage self to meet tight deadlines.
- Key eye for details.
- Strong client service skills.
- Ability to understand complexities.
- Financial service experience.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Product knowledge
- Previous experience of managing multiple, high volume tasks.
- Understanding and adapting to change.
- Proactive and uses initiative.
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a team.
- Ability to work with minimum management supervision.
- Spoken Korean and Japanese will be an added advantage.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.