Senior Associate/Associate, Business Analyst, Group Finance
Business Function DBS Group Finance as part of its endeavour to achieve greater financial transparency and accountability has embarked on an enterprise-wide strategic initiative to design and implement a "New Cost Allocation" methodology aimed to deliver optimal granularity required for strategic business and operating decision making, cost management and service level optimization. With Singapore implementation completed in the first phase, the product now needs to be optimise and enhanced for other location roll-outs. Key Accountabilities
- Requirements well understood, documented, and translated into functional specifications with little to no post development gaps.
- Participate and contribute to the design thinking.
- Participate in the testing phase and flesh out issues/pain points that are not in line with expectation.
- Defects management requiring understanding defects and providing solutions addressing root cause than taking a band-aid approach
- Establish rapport and a good working relationship with stakeholders minimising points of friction.
- Collects and defines business requirements in relation to the Cost Allocation Engine, in partnership and collaboration with the business SME's and Technology partners.
- Works in close collaboration with business counterparts, domain SME's, application owners to elicit business requirements, identify solutions, ensuring consistent use and implementation of processes
- Maintains all required project documentation to a high standard for audit readiness.
- Responsible for gaining agreement on the system solution business requirements with domain SME's and other stakeholders concerned
- Supports the user acceptance testing (UAT) strategy for the finance and business teams.
- Responsible for documenting test scripts, defining UAT entry and exit criteria, and coordinating UAT in collaboration with the test manager.
- Ability to perform functional analysis of data output and identify any anomalies.
- Partners with the Finance and business SMEs to design effective processes.
- Degree in Banking, Computer Science or a Finance graduate with at least 8 - 10 years' relevant experience in project management and business analysis in financial services industry
- Strong functional analysis skills in the discipline of Cost Management and driver-based cost allocation methodologies in the banking industry, with the ability to grasp and elicit business requirements
- Ability to prepare scope and user requirements documents, functional documentation, prepares test scripts, and coordinate UAT.
- Extensive experience working with Technology team is a must
- Good knowledge of banking products, general ledger, finance processes
- Strong presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work with complexity and ambiguity and use it to ones advantage
- Additional skills to have:
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Agile methodology
- Knowledge of SAS programming language is an advantage
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Delivery focused and results oriented.
- Attention to details and highly organized and able to work under pressure in a time-critical environment.
- Ability to draw insights from data and tell a story.
- Not to wait for solutions, instead find alternative paths involving people in the organisation engaging in discussions and consultations.
- Have the ability to connect the dots.
- Respect and take interest in organisational social initiatives.