Senior Associate/Associate, Specialist, Investigations, Group Legal, Secretariat & Compliance
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders.
We are looking for a talented & passionate individual who has an interest in fighting frauds and save our customers from being defrauded to join our DBS Anti Scam Team. DBS Anti Scam team was formed in Jul 2020 to combat the ever-rising incident of scams in Singapore and in 2020 alone, the team was responsible for most of the 11 million dollars prevented / recovered for DBS customers. As a Specialist, you will assume responsibility to identify and handle suspicious transactions (remittances/local fast transfers) happening on the fly and prevent the commission of fraud against our customers.
As a Specialist, you must have excellent analytical skills along with a passion for research, discovery & recovery to help vulnerable and unsuspected victims. The team is also expected to proactively analyse new ways of detecting and stopping these frauds from commission from time to time. Responsibilities
- To be able to independently assess detected suspicious transactions, intercept and discard these transactions regarded as fraud transactions.
- To be able to identify victims from money mules / fraudsters pretended to be customers by asking the correct and appropriate questions
- To provide necessary counselling and education regarding fraud cases to potential victims.
- To collect information from victim by phone or by direct interaction from detected cases and analyse / study emerging fraud trends and patterns.
- Maintain database of frauds detected/reported for timely retrieval and analysis.
- Coordinate with law enforcement agencies to assist in tracking and recovering of funds lost by our customers.
- Good analytical skills with ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment and under high pressure is essential
- Past experience as Fraud Investigator in financial sector is a plus
- Excellent interviewing and interrogation skills
- Must be comfortable making outbound calls
- Honest, ethical, integrity and confidentiality is a must
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skill.
- Great team player, interpersonal and time-management skills
- Having a high energy level and resourceful personality who can multitask is essential
- Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and oral, are required
- Highly adaptable in an ever-evolving digital environment
- Professionalism in managing senior stakeholders, building strong rapport and coordinating across departments is key
- Willing to work on shift (shift will be arranged between 8am -12am during weekdays)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.