Senior Associate/Associate, Transaction Surveillance Unit (Institutional Banking), Group Compliance
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities
- Investigate and assess alerts for potential money laundering risk in the Bank.
- Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions, and timely escalation to respective parties where appropriate.
- Preparing, reviewing, and/or filing Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) and ensure timely reporting of suspicious transactions to the authorities.
- Assist with money laundering related queries or escalation received from business units.
- Liaise with other compliance units and businesses regarding surveillance issues.
- Participate and assist in transaction surveillance projects.
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as and when required, e.g., provide statistics and ensure accuracy of data, extract of documents for audit review.
- Conduct QA reviews of case files, case tracking logs and various AML processes.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practices, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Background in Institutional Banking experience required
- Degree in any related field
- Relevant compliance, risk management or operations experience
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel) is essential
- Have an eye for details and with good analytical, communication and written skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, and resourceful
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.