As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Job Purpose
Conduct surveillance checks at consumer bank branches to assess compliance to Regional Branch Health Check framework and Branch Operational Framework. Responsibilities
- Ensure surveillance and controls adhere to regional surveillance framework.
- Support the development of Value Map, Control Tower and Data Driven Operating Model (DDOM) to enhance governance and control.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to identify opportunities in refining controls or process and improve employee and customer journey.
- Provide value-added training programs to enhance staff's competency in the areas of branch operations, information security standards and staff conduct.
- Perform Branch surveillance through conducting inspections and thematic reviews to assess fulfilment with established procedures / requirements:
- Identify control risks, gaps in controls and potential branch operational issues and recommend corrective action to strengthen the branch operational framework, controls, and management.
- Assess branch operational activities are performed in compliance with framework and guidelines.
- Support and maintain the DDOM control tower to provide insights and focus on specific high-risk/material reviews.
- Develop risk-based strategies and surveillance programs based on insights and trends derived from DDOM.
- Provide timely reporting on surveillance findings and trends to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyse surveillance findings, identify risks/gaps in processes and controls to provide improvement recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement methodology to be efficient and effective.
- Conduct workshop / refresher classes - to increase level of awareness of control / risks.
- Partnership with stakeholders to strengthen communication and identify opportunities to enhance or refine controls.
- Curate eLearning training modules to enhance risk awareness and process adherence of Branch/Service staff across all levels. Ensure timely update of training modules.
- Diploma holder with at least 3 years of relevant working experience in consumer banking environment, with field experience of risk & controls management, internal audit or compliance.
- Experience in consumer banking, specifically branch operations would be a plus would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be a self-starter, independent, innovative and adaptive.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.