At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision, we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
The successful candidate will be responsible for IT desktop and infrastructure support across M&G’s Asia Pacific Offices, managing/liaising with IT service vendors and IT teams in UK headquarter to ensure smooth IT operations, support and service delivery to APAC business functions, including setting up and coordinating IT software and hardware upgrades on IT devices and computer system ranging from user devices, meeting room conferencing facility and network devices. The role will also be working with the APAC local business, UK IT project teams and engineering teams to support both APAC and group strategic IT implementation projects and business driven initiatives participating the project planning, execution and implementation activities.
Key Work Level Accountabilities: Experienced Colleague
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Responsibilities for this role:
The successful candidate is expected to
- Support and manage IT and computer systems (including but not limited to desktops, laptops, mobile devices, telephony / communication systems, wired and wireless network infrastructure & devices, meeting room IT and teleconferencing devices, data centres) across APAC, ensuring systems are operating smoothly.
- Interact with internal clients at all levels across APAC offices, including senior management teams, distribution teams, investment professionals and traders, to help resolve IT related issues and provide answers and resolutions in a timely manner.
- Take ownership of IT problem management and incident management, manage issues with support teams through to resolution, act as liaison between technical teams and end users, manage escalation with 3rd line IT support teams / IT management team, and ensure adequate communication to end users.
- Liaise with 1st line Service Desks and IT service providers as well as 3rd line support (e.g. Desktop, Messaging, Networks, Storage and IT Security teams) in offshore offices and in UK head office to ensure smooth IT operations, support and service delivery to Asia business.
- Support the IT device procurement and setup processes, taking responsibility on building local-site based devices per corporate standard images and local site requirements, provisioning of corporate mobile devices with necessary setup to APAC users, handling IT related activities on office setup and restacking, and maintain Asset Register of IT assets.
- Provide Asia out-of-hours support per duty rosters setup for the team.
- Proactively monitor on report on IT operational status, deliverables, risks and issues to support and enable the APAC business units to accomplish the business objectives.
- Support the APAC and global strategic organisation transformation projects, including participating in project planning activities, providing inputs on APAC requirements, validating timeline consideration, and project execution and implementation.
- Produce procedures and other documentation relating to system or process changes.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The successful role holder should be a self-starter who has the ability to use their own initiative and work with individuals across different teams in the organisation.
- Degree or diploma in IT/computer science or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a desktop support role at a ‘senior’ capacity, able to provide guidance and manage delivery of offshore service desks.
- Proficient in Desktop, Laptop, Surface Pros, Citrix, MS applications, Outlook, Cloud & Azure technologies, Remote Access, Active Directory, Group policy, Windows Profiles, DHCP, Apple technologies.
- Capable to provide remote support to users in other Asia Pacific offices.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and networking technologies, and working experience with 3rd party vendor and service providers are essential.
- Knowledge on Market data systems e.g. Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters, and Trading systems such as Aladdin will be preferred.
- Experience of working with project teams.
- Possesses good written communication skills and command of the English language
- Conscientious, meticulous and have good time management skills
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Be a team player with ability to work with colleagues from different functions and business units, and in a culturally diverse environment
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally or disability.