Senior Associate, System Monitoring Engineer, Tech Services, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we managethe majority ofthe Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Providing strategic directions for standardizing of SNOC monitoring and efficient use of resources for pro-active application/infrastructure monitoring.
- Identifying areas for improvement in SNOC communications with other Incident/Problem management, Application/Infrastructure SMEs etc.
- Overseeing creation and availability of SNOC monitoring metrics and alerts' reports for management reporting.
- Reviewing completeness and correctness of SNOC monitoring metrics and alerts.
- Establishing measurements and track improvement for SNOC monitoring effectiveness and efficiency.
- Acting as an escalation focal point for all improvement activities involving SNOC
- Supervise and manage a team of service providers to ensure delivery of quality infrastructure services by engaged vendors to the Bank.
- Work effectively and closely with vendor Delivery Managers and technical support staff, regulators, other IT groups such as infrastructure & applications, architecture & engineering, GPS, Finance, internal and external auditors.
- Ability to work closely with various line of business technologies from junior to management level.
- Change governance on all the monitoring changes for production implementation
- Perform on call duty on rotation basis.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Minimum Degree holder in Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years IT experience in a bank. In-depth knowledge of application or infrastructure monitoring systems in multi-platforms environment will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Scripting and web development.
- Experience in Shell, python and Perl scripts is must.
- Experience in Automation and web reports using AJAX, HTML and JS Framework.
- Experience with various monitoring tools like IBM ITM Tivoli, Netcool, Zabbix and Elastic Search, etc.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proactive and able to work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills and positive attitude.
- Eager to learn and hands-on new technology.
- Passionate on-coding and developing automation to support team on need basis.
- Added advantage on new technology stack to support infrastructure in OPENSIFT, DOCKER & KUBERNETES.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.