Senior Associate / Associate, DevOps Engineer, Investment & Trading Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Purpose
DBS eFX development team aims to be the best in banking industry by delivering quality solutions via cutting edge technology. The team is looking for a DevOps Engineer who can combine software and systems engineering to run, and maintain cutting edge eFX applications, FX APIs, cloud native apps with OpenShift (Docker + Kubernetes) and AWS.
The successful candidate should have extensive experience in cloud native microservices development, and competency in building robust, highly scalable, high-performance distributed systems that connect microservices with mobile, web, and standalone applications, and smart devices to offer consumer applications a wide range of functionality in terms of FX trading.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be filling a mission-critical role ensuring that our systems are healthy, monitored, automated, fault tolerant and designed to scale. You will collaborate and work closely with development and support teams to continually improve our production services, facilitating fast delivery of new products, and reducing downtime. DevOps Engineers utilize automation, continuous monitoring tools and solid engineering principles to optimize existing systems, build infrastructure and eliminate operational work. Responsibilities
- Proactive management of our production services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, throughput, user journeys and overall system health.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design inputs, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Engage with both the development and support teams throughout the life cycle to help build for reliability.
- Engage with product engineering teams to test against relevant Chaos Engineering tool kit.
- Define SLI, SLO and Error budget for the system/s
- Responsible for the availability, performance, change management, monitoring, and capacity management of their services.
- Analyse patterns of production incidents, develop permanent remediation plans, and implement automation to prevent future incidents from occurring through software engineering
- Define and practice sustainable incident management in a blameless post-mortem culture.
- Identify and build automated tools for monitoring and reporting
- Assist with planning and execution of new software releases with development teams.
- Work with teams located with various geographies in Asia Pacific
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience.
- Basic knowledge of database technologies (MariaDB/MySQL, etc..)
- Experience in application/system/network performance and availability monitoring (Dynatrace, Vizceral, etc..)
- Experience with developing applications in a Linux environment, with sound knowledge of data structures, software design and architectures.
- Development skills with experience in real time, distributed and highly secured environments.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks.
- Incident management tasks related to root cause analysis, problem management and blameless post-mortem.
- Experience with developing test cases and ensuring appropriate test coverage through unit and automated testing.
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills with good understanding of technical risks emerging out of architecture decisions.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Strong, committed and reliable team player and strong communicator, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy.
- Experience in a banking environment is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.