Senior Audit Manager - Data
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Proactively lead and support the GIA Data Audit Agenda
- Lead and execute audits in the data management space and validate remedial actions.
- Identify key risk areas, projects and businesses that need to be prioritised for auditing
- Be a Data SME and provide advisory and consulting services to internal auditors from both business and technology. Liaise with Data Management policy owners where required.
- Collate and maintain up-to-date MIS related to data issues raised by GIA, Regulators or Monitors and provide periodic updates to internal GIA Management
- Assist in providing periodic updates to the audit committee reporting, scorecards
- Develop and continuously improve the Data audit testing standards to include emerging data risks.
- Partner with the GIA COO team and assist in implementing data quality measures within GIA processes
- Conduct training sessions for GIA Stakeholders on topics related to data management
- Create and publish articles, newsletters and auditing tips/ guidelines on data concepts and industry trends/benchmarks
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Computer Applications / Data Analytics or data Science or equivalent
- Certification in Data Space (e.g. CDMP, DCAM, Business Analytics, Data Governance, Privacy, etc)
- Audit Certification (CIA, CISA, etc) will be an advantage
- 10+ years' experience in banking domain involving two or more of the following: Core Banking, Transaction Banking, Treasury product, Client on boarding or Due diligence, Regulatory or Internal reporting, sanctions/ anti-money-laundering, Risk Management (Market, Credit or Operational)
- 10-15 Years' experience in data analysis, profiling and data design in enterprise data management/warehousing or at least 5+ years of experience as a Data Auditor
- Excellent knowledge of the data quality and risk management framework(s) and policies
- In-depth knowledge of data governance, data lineage, meta data, reference data management
- Knowledge of global regulations relating to data management (e.g BCBS-239, GDPR, DFS 504, CCPA, etc)
- Excellent understanding of data standards and guidelines across various data management disciplines and industry frameworks (e.g. DAMA, DCAM, etc)
- Exposure to data security, privacy retention and sovereignty
- Experience/knowledge in data warehouses (Teradata/Hadoop/OBIEE/PDW)
- Expertise of data analysis, modelling, migration, profiling or analytics
- Skilled in SQL/Querying/Analytical or visualisation tools
- Intermediary skills in project management-estimation, planning, tracking, execution and reporting
- Experience in audit or 1 st /2 nd line risk roles is an advantage
- Exposure / experience in audit analytics and auditing tools is an advantage
- Attention to detail, Curiosity
- High degree of responsibility, self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills including depicting detailed process charts
- Able to challenge/ question and connect the 'dots'
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independent and resilience.
- Ability to collaborate and work dynamically across a broad range of stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .