Senior Bunker Trader
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search is working with a private limited company registered in Singapore trading crude oil, oil products and petrochemicals for export to the Asia Pacific Markets. This company is looking for a Senior Bunker Trader with management experience to lead the expansion of their Bunker Trading desk in Singapore. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Physical back-to-back trading of marine fuel throughout Asia, working with suppliers (refineries/oil majors) and customers (shipping companies/operators)
- Manage the existing bunker team implementing suitable strategic development to increase company revenue
- Monitor bunker pricing and market trends to forecast effective and profitable trading strategies to ensure increased company revenue while managing risk
- Build on expanding new supplier connections to ensure competitive pricing of marine fuel
- Focus on increasing and maintaining a strong client base
- Work closely alongside existing Marine Fuel Oil and Middle Distillates Trading desks
- Reports into the Deputy GM
- Degree qualified in Economics, Finance, Engineering Mathematics or Quantitative degree - Masters or Graduate degree preferred
- 7+ years Professional trading experience in bunker/marine fuels markets (MGO, MFO, HFO, MDO, IFO etc.)
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the APAC oil markets, knowledge and experience of other markets (GCC, Africa, Med) is a bonus
- Established network of contacts in the aforementioned regions
- Must have experience leading or managing a team, ideally within commodity trading
- Experience in client communication, presentation of ideas, and business development.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of research and data analytics experience and the ability to build into a sophisticated presentation and key messages
- Strong quantitative skills and advanced proficiency in statistics and Excel
- Clear communications style to work with internal stakeholders, market participants, and executive management.
- English language is a must, Mandarin highly valued