Senior Business Development Manager, Agency Business Development
You will be responsible to achieve cluster business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by driving the sales force through effective management and prompt service support of cluster assigned. The Job
- Achieve the cluster yearly KPIs and growth in new business premiums and manpower through the development and implementation of Company & Department business plans and initiatives
- Conduct regular meetings and communication sessions with cluster agency leaders and/ or potential producers with the intention to enhance their performance management, sales & recruitment results and business plans and ensure compliance of regulatory guidelines
- Raise productivity, motivate and influence top producers and planners in taking positive actions to achieve personal and agency objectives and goals
- Identify & develop future potential agency leaders and producers within the respective cluster
- Manage the operational requirements of the field force and ensure that they are given full and appropriate logistic support & problem solving assistance in running their agency business
- Ensure the agencies within the cluster comply with prevailing regulatory regulations and conduct their business in a professional and competent manner
- Develop and build a cordial and close working relationship with the various Profit Centers and Departments within the Company
- Maintain a conducive and productive cluster working environment
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and take appropriate steps to mitigate the risks
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company
- Highlight any potential concerns/ risks and proactively share best risk management practices
About Great Eastern
- Minimum Degree qualification from a recognized institution
- Project Management experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to perform quantitative and qualitative evaluations
- Performance management driven
- Ability to carry oneself confidently
- Willing to learn and adaptable
- A team player
- High level of integrity, take accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork
- Take initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-KY1
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.