Role Responsibilities Business
- The role holder is primarily responsible for the pro-active acquisition and activation of mortgage loan business for the Bank.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Sales emphasis will be mainly on individual customers with needs on their residential and commercial mortgage loans. Successful candidates will also be required to provide wider range of retail and priority products such as unsecured cards and Insurance to targeted mortgage segments.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Establish relationship with external stakeholders (e.g. property agents, brokers, related other external sales agents) to increase referrals for mortgages under individual names.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Engaging affluent and mass market clients for their mortgage requests from internal stakeholders such as marketing campaigns, inbounds mortgage enquiries and also branch walk-in.
- End to end implementation of mortgage sales process from case processing right up to acceptance of loan offer.
- Able to perform off-office hours and weekend activities when required. (Networking events, campaigns and show flats).
- Keep abreast of market trends and competitor offerings, and conduct regular market updates and follow-up activities for target customer groups, to better enhance the product differentiation in relation to external competition.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Diploma and above
- 2 plus years of Sales expeirence in Mortgages would be preferred
About Standard Chartered
- Knowledge in Singapore real estates market.
- Regulatory framework for mortgage assessment (eg. MSR, TDSR, etc)
- Effectively bi-lingual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to engage customer of all levels with assertiveness.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers