Senior Country Risk Analyst - Asia
Fitch Solutions provides data, research and analytics that help clients excel at managing their credit risk, offer deep insight into the debt investment market, and provide comprehensive intelligence about the macroeconomic environment. All available on our platform, Fitch Connect, designed and built using our credit, macro and industry expertise to help you make more informed decisions. Role: Senior Country Risk Analyst - Asia Location: Singapore
This is an opportunity to join the Asia Country Risk team at the top-ranked independent research provider, Fitch Solutions. You will be contributing to our market intelligence service, providing analytical research for senior decision makers in banks, consultancies, multinational corporations, investment funds and government agencies. Role
- Work as part of the Asia Country Risk team, providing regular economic, political risk and financial market analysis.
- Act as analytical lead for a portfolio of major economies, taking full ownership of all forecasts and historical data.
- Write research notes on a daily basis, as well as contributing to monthly and quarterly analysis, producing both country-specific and thematic regional research including: economic growth, fiscal & monetary policy, trade, debt dynamics, political risk, financial markets and demographics.
- Work on maintaining and further developing proprietary data sets that add analytical value.
- Work with sales to represent the team and deliver key views and forecasts in a concise and articulate manner during client engagements as well as at industry events. Be a brand ambassador for our research and company.
- Be commercially minded and understand how research and data is used by our clients.
- Help mentor and guide more junior analysts on the team through training, editing and discussion of forecasts and views.
- Relevant experience in economic analysis required, ideally with a focus on Asia, but we would consider a strong candidate who has been focused on a different region.
- Ability to manage own time and adhere to publication deadlines.
- Strong public speaker.
- Strong writing skills, with experience conveying complex views in a succinct and straightforward manner.
- Ability to work with and analyze large data sets and forecast across key macroeconomic indicators.
- Familiarity analysing connections between political and macroeconomic risk.
- Fluent spoken and written English, other languages beneficial.
- Strong team-working and communication skills, but also able to work independently.
- BA/MA/MSc/PhD in economics or a closely related field.
- Relevant background working as a macroeconomic/sovereign risk analyst required, with experience in analysis, data management and forecasting.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.