Senior Data Analyst, Data Strategy
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Assess problem statements & propose potential solutions by advocating and enabling data-driven analytics
- Work with partner teams to create and build next generation data products and analytics solutions
- Contribute to the development of prototype solutions coordinating with other areas of ERM as appropriate, demonstrate to users and gather feedback
- Conduct thorough validation, testing and data quality checks to ensure accurate and value adding solutions being delivered
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders, across all seniority levels, to address urgent and strategic risk management needs
- Coordinate with ERM teams such as Stress Testing, IFRS9 and Credit Risk Modelling to establish how existing results/analytics or processes can be leveraged
People and Talent
- Provide expertise in migrating PoC projects to productionise in collaboration with various teams
- Lead through example and demonstrate the bank's culture and value
- Identify, assess, monitor and mitigating risks to the Group relevant to Data Quality
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure the adherence to Group BCBS 239 standard when appropriate
- Provide timely and high-quality responses to both internal and external queries and requests.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Enterprise Risk Analytics
- CIB, Commercial & Retail Risk
- Group Internal Audit
- Bachelor or Master's degree with technical degree preferred (statistics, mathematics, computer science, etc.)
- Extensive programming experience using SQL, R, Python, SAS and/or MATLAB
- 3 years of experience performing a similar role related to Data Analysis and Strategy.
- Strong analytical mindset with excellent analytical, logical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on experience in data analysis and best practices in data management
- Previous experience on risk management and credit risk regulation (CRD IV, Basel, IFRS 9) , specifically in stress testing
- Excellent written skills at all levels (i.e. colleagues to senior management) and situations (i.e. one-on-one to presentations)
- Exposure to regulatory reporting is a plus
- Self motivated and pro active
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.