Senior Data Engineer
Aon is currently recruiting a Senior Data Engineer to join our team in Singpore. About Aon's Center for Innovation & Analytics
Aon's Centers for Innovation and Analytics in Dublin and Singapore are at the heart of delivering Aon's Data & Analytic Services team's mission to:
- accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients' evolving needs
- provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions
Established in 2012, there are over 100 colleagues in Singapore's Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. We are expanding rapidly and looking for dedicated individuals who can leverage emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon's solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow The Opportunity
We are seeking a senior data engineer who is a team player and extremely keen in pushing themselves to learn new skills on the job or off the job. The right individual for this role will need to have a meticulous eye for data and appreciates the process of manipulating, storing and understanding data. This person will work with a team of experienced actuarial analysts, developers and business resources to build databases, warehouses and ETL/ELT pipelines to fuel modern web applications and visualizations that deliver insightful analytics to the users.
As a senior data engineer in the Singapore Aon Innovation Centre, you will be the expert that specialises in areas of ETL/ELT, modern data pipelines and data warehousing that spans both the traditional OLTP/OLAP databases, warehouses and modern big data database systems. You will have an opportunity to work with newer modern technologies as well as tried and tested traditional technologies in the data ingestion/wrangling/storage toolchain. In addition to the training and hands on opportunities, this is a role that will be part of the talent growth strategy of Aon. Being successful in this role would lead to technical and people leadership opportunities in the future as well. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with teams of experienced actuaries, developers and business experts to deliver projects
- Design and propose end-to-end data flows for data projects as well as databases to support web-based applications
- Design and implement data warehouses and data marts to serve data consumers
- Execute implementation of the designs and bring it from design stages to implementation followed by operationalization to maintenance
- Database design and modelling. To be able to organize data at both macro and micro level and provide logical data models for the consumers
- Database performance tuning and data lifecycle management
- Assist in support and enhancements of existing data pipelines and databases
How to Apply
- 3+ years in-depth experience in working with MS SQL Server or any other relational database management system
- Highly knowledgeable in ETL/ELT processes, both design and implementation via SSIS or some other ETL/ELT tool.
- Skilled in both complex query performance tuning and database performance tuning for MS SQL Server
- Have experience in data validation and data QA as data flows through
- Have experience in building and designing data warehouses/data marts
- Understand the importance of performance and able to implement best practices in ensuring performance for data-centric projects
- This person is required to be dynamic and be a quick eager learner as knowledge about new technologies will need to be acquired on the spot
- Some hands-on experience developing data pipelines within a Hadoop-based or Apache Spark environment (solution stack is preferably Cloudera, but similar stacks considered) will be an advantage
- Some experience developing data solutions using native IaaS and PaaS solutions on AWS (EMR, Redshift, RDS, S3) is a big advantage.
- Have very good and clear communication skills, as this person is required to present, propose and advise on data solutions to the management and technical team
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position. We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.