The Role Responsibilities
This role will drive team engagement and content for our Digital Channels and Data Analytics (DCDA) team within the Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking (CCIB) business at Standard Chartered Bank.
CCIB is active in over 60 markets and DCDA is driving the CCIB Digital and Data "North Star" to become the leading digital banking platform providing services to our network, powering global trade, commerce, and financial services to companies around the world. Main Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of content and engagement initiatives across internal channels to drive team engagement
- Develop content collateral including bi-weekly newsletters, executive messages, regular pulse surveys, townhall briefing materials, blog posts, Q&As, speaker notes and speeches
- Conceptualise and execute team engagement initiatives like fireside chats, panel interviews, roundtables, brown bag sessions
- Define, measure and report on the efficacy of team engagement efforts through analytics and closed loop and audience feedback
- Ensure that content on DCDA's flagship pages on the Bank's intranet are kept up to date and messaging aligned to the business' priorities.
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external partners including commercialisation team, Product Owners, marketing and corporate affairs team and digital agencies
- Ensure DCDA identity and messages are clearly and consistently applied across all audience touchpoint
- Stay abreast of digital channels and data analytics trends and best practices
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Adherence to all Group Policies and relevant legislation covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others.
- Exemplary conduct and fit with the Bank's culture and values
- Commitment to Group Code of Conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related discipline with at least 5 years of communication experience, communication experience in digital/fintech field is an advantage
- Strong ability to write well and articulate ideas and views to an audience
- Data driven, evidence based and highly analytical with the ability to convey information to other colleagues and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to think creatively and communicate complex messages in a simple, clear, and concise manner
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, customer-driven environment
- Good relationship management and communications skills with an emphasis on the ability to collaborate with stakeholders and work towards a common goal
- High level of responsiveness, sense of urgency; ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively advise executives, act as sounding board, and provide feedback
- Ability to use content management platforms such as Poppulo, Axess and Jive an added plus
- Strong interest and knowledge of emerging technology trends and applications
About Standard Chartered
- Digital content strategy
- Critical thinking
- Awareness of latest trends
- Ideation & Creativity
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers